Week Fourteen: Detroit Lions (9-3) @ Chicago Bears (4-8)

MichiganCardinal

Chase . . . Bank, I'm thinking of setting up an account at Chase Bank later today. The day is Young, so they haven't closed yet. I don't want to pressure myself into having to set up an account but I have a big sack of money that needs to get home somewhere. I would hate to be that customer though, rushing in at 4 when they're about to close and blitzing the staff last minute.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm not sure I follow since the 49ers have better pass rushers than the Lions. 

I think 36yo Bruce Irvin who is barely clinging to an NFL career showing up and immediately being a difference-maker speaks more to how inept the pieces around Hutchinson are. I don't think Irvin is anything special. I'm sure Young would have done well here too, but it's hard to get worse.

46 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Chase . . . Bank, I'm thinking of setting up an account at Chase Bank later today. The day is Young, so they haven't closed yet. I don't want to pressure myself into having to set up an account but I have a big sack of money that needs to get home somewhere. I would hate to be that customer though, rushing in at 4 when they're about to close and blitzing the staff last minute.

chase young has done nothing eventful in san fran and is a free agent after this year.  not sure why youre so fascinated with him.

the real question is whether you would have traded a first round pick for sweat.

9 minutes ago, buddha said:

chase young has done nothing eventful in san fran and is a free agent after this year.  not sure why youre so fascinated with him.

the real question is whether you would have traded a first round pick for sweat.

I know I would not have.  I like the young nucleus Holmes is building & I would not want to take away any arrows from his quiver.

2 minutes ago, djhutch said:

I know I would not have.  I like the young nucleus Holmes is building & I would not want to take away any arrows from his quiver.

not only would have traded for him, you would have had to give him the massive contract extension the bears just did.

otoh, he is playing really well for the bears and having him across from hutch would make a nice 1-2.

in hindsight, i would not have made that trade.

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

What's the latest update on these guys? Are they going to return this season?

Houston was reportedly late December, if at all, per Campbell. He has been seen in Allen Park working with trainers though... CJGJ had a cryptic post on Instagram that seemed to maybe indicate he would return to practice before the first Minnesota game though Campbell has been more conservative in his estimate when asked.

If the division is locked down and we don't have a collapse, I would expect them to not be rushed... Maybe return for a trial run in week 18 before the playoffs.

3 hours ago, buddha said:

You literally trade a couple of draft spots down for the hope that he develops into what he has the potential to be. If Chase Young doesn't work out then it doesn't matter because you get the 3rd round pick back as a comp pick likely anyways. Unless you think he's an Antonio Brown-like problem child or distraction for this team, what's the risk exactly? 

6 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

You literally trade a couple of draft spots down for the hope that he develops into what he has the potential to be. If Chase Young doesn't work out then it doesn't matter because you get the 3rd round pick back as a comp pick likely anyways. Unless you think he's an Antonio Brown-like problem child or distraction for this team, what's the risk exactly? 

Holmes losing a draft pick that he could have turned into a player better than Chase Young.

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

Holmes losing a draft pick that he could have turned into a player better than Chase Young.

It's my understanding though that if Chase Young doesn't resign with the 49'ers they will likely get a 3rd round compensatory pick back for Young signing elsewhere, depending on the deal he signs with the other team. If that's the case, where is the risk for the 49'ers? You trade a 3rd and likely get a comp 3rd back if he doesn't resign with you in the offseason.

10 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

the risk is you lose a third round pick.  and youre not guaranteed a comp pick for him if you sign other free agents.  this aint baseball.  and that assumes someone else wants to pay big money to a guy who has been injured and never returned to any sort of form since the injury.

pass.

and he had a rep as lazy and selfish in washington.  

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

It's my understanding though that if Chase Young doesn't resign with the 49'ers they will likely get a 3rd round compensatory pick back for Young signing elsewhere, depending on the deal he signs with the other team. If that's the case, where is the risk for the 49'ers? You trade a 3rd and likely get a comp 3rd back if he doesn't resign with you in the offseason.

is he better than what you have now?  he hasnt done anything since coming back from injury.  youre basing your whole opinion on draft status and what he did in college, thst was three years ago.