Week Fourteen: Detroit Lions (9-3) @ Chicago Bears (4-8)

MichiganCardinal

31 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Nah, they're winning today. I have enough confidence in Campbell and Johnson to right the ship and put up a solid offensive performance and go out and get the job done.

Well I think they're not going to win another game this season.     Loss today,  Dallas kills them,  Minnesota embarrasses them, Denver exploits them and then Minnesota wins the division the last game of the season and not only that, the Lions don't make the playoffs.   

The Lions always find a way to destroy us.  Always.    I will believe that until they prove me wrong. 

See - this is a traditional way of thinking for a Lions fan.   Now, if they can win 1 or 2 more games, then I will be so pleasantly surprised.   Do I think they COULD win 12 or 13 games?  Yes.   But deep down in my wounded psyche the Lions crushing my hopes will probably always linger.    I hope they prove me wrong.  

Do I really believe they lose the rest of their games?  No, I don't, but I am preparing myself for it.     As life-long fans of this team if you tell me that thought doesn't sit in the back of your mind, you're a liar.   

• Like 1

Oh, but I'm so negative...........

Well, root for this team for 50+ years and you might understand why - because this team just has a way, like the Browns, an epic and unusual way of failing us.     The Dallas playoff game, ref picking up the flag (after the head of officials was seen on Jerry's hooker bus) was not their fault, but that's what ALWAYS seems to happen to the Lions.    I mean, they did have a 20-7 lead in that game.  The call should have never been that important. 

The Calvin no-catch.  Hell, even if that was ruled a touchdown, knowing this team, they'd have give up the kick return for a TD. 

Comeback from 2 TD's down in the last 4 minutes at home to make it 28-27, riding in the car with my friends I said "they'll fumble the PAT snap" which is EXACTLY what they did.  It was the most epic prediction of my life.  It's the freaking Lions. 

How about Weinke-to-Proehl, Weinke-to-Proehl, Weinke-to-Proehl, Weinke-to-Proehl, Weinke-to-Proehl TOUCHDOWN.  Anyone remember that game? 

How about TD with 11 seconds left vs. Atlanta.   Refs go to replay,  they overturn it and penalize the Lions 10 seconds, even though the Lions did nothing wrong.  They say there was :08, there was 11 seconds when the whistle blew.  No matter, the Lions lose

How about Seattle tapping the ball out of the end zone.  Lions RB Theo Riddick points it out to the ref, but it doesn't matter, nobody in the ****ing stadium seemed to know the rule.  Lions lose

So that's why I kind of expect an epic collapse here.      

Everything tells me that this team is different.  Everything tells me the players are better, the coaches are better, and that is true, but still.......it's the Lions, man.     Please prove me wrong.   Please cure me of this PTLD.   

Edited by Motor City Sonics

13 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Time to step up monster-athletic-kid but ferociously-raw...

Let's see you at NOT raw but at MORE-than-flashing dominance.

Holmes, let's see what you took a shot at in the 3rd round...

I believe in you...

Both.

If there is anyone who needs to step up, it's Levi. This is it. If he doesn't step up he's likely not on the roster next year.