12/13/23 @7PM EST Philadelphia Sixers @ Detroit Pistons

Tigeraholic1

6 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Hayes, Cade, Thompson, and Ivey were all top 7 picks.  They combined for 44 points tonight.  Cade had 21 of them.  Thompson was second with 10.

That group has to give you 65-70 points a night for this team to be competitive.  

cade was incredibly inefficient.

bogey was the only good player on the floor for them.

Embiid used to trash talk Drummond something fierce. Wiseman isn't good enough to even trash talk...truly sad.  Saddiq Bey wasn't perfect, but he could shoot the ball.  Wiseman is a void

Been a fan since they rode the Bing/Lanier/Rowe into the playoffs in the early/mid  70's. Watched Dickie V attempt to destroy the team...even then, there were some young pieces to build around  or spin for other assets.  They were horrible...but they were never this bad.   I really don't see a way out of this mess that doesn't involve a complete reset..turn over the front office, the roster and ...possibly...the coaching staff.

I like Duren and Cade...possibly Thompson and Ivey.  Other than that...

Edited by Shinzaki

3 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Embiid used to trash talk Drummond something fierce. Wiseman isn't good enough to even trash talk...truly sad.  Saddiq Bey wasn't perfect, but he could shoot the ball.  Wiseman is a void

Been a fan since they rode the Bing/Lanier/Rowe into the playoffs in the early/mid  70's. Watched Dickie V attempt to destroy the team...even then, there were some young pieces to build around  or spin for other assets.  They were horrible...but they were never this bad.   I really don't see a way out of this mess that doesn't involve a complete reset..turn over the front office, the roster and ...possibly...the coaching staff.

this is merely an investment for Gores, he doesn't care if they win or lose. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, buddha said:

that "new found committment to jaden ivey" sees his playing time go from 32 minutes to 21 minutes.

i dont understand what monty williams is doing.

I just want to see a couple games where Ivey says f it and starts attacking every possession to draw fouls.  I’ve kind of had it with Cade.  I realize he is probably our best player but when you lose 21 strait and he is your go to guy, I’m thinking he is not as valuable as his stats would lead you to believe.  

It’s probably time to drastically limit Thompson’s minutes to try and win a game.  We are basically playing four on five when we are on offense.   It definitely shouldn’t be Livers either. I’d go small with guys like Cade, Umude, Harris, Bojan, and Stewart at the forward positions.  Open up some minutes in the backcourt for Ivey and Sasser.  You can win regular season games in the nba with poor defense.  

7 hours ago, Hart said:

I’m thinking he is not as valuable as his stats would lead you to believe.  

Does he really have stats that lead one to believe in his value? He puts up a lot of assists but a lot of TOs to go with them which pretty much negates that one stat where he does have a reasonably high league ranking. The team is bad but it's not rare for good players on bad teams to have better numbers than Cade. The argument has to be that the Pistons are so historically bad that there aren't any fair comps to his situation, and I suppose the Pistons do seem intent on proving that true!

But given all that, the one thing that I can't get past with Cade is his inability to draw fouls. He did last night - but that was rare for him.

Edited by gehringer_2

Ok, I know the roster isn't good and they should have a bad record but it's blatantly obvious that Monty is a big problem. Not only are these young players regressing but they look miserable and completely disconnected as a team. I'm sorry, but no NBA franchise especially one with as many high picks as the Pistons have should be this non-competitive so many nights. 

Think about it, who is actually progressing? Where's the development? I'll go down the list...

Cade - Pretty much the same more or less but I'd actually say regression in terms of him crumbling down the stretch (the rare games that are actually competitive down the stretch) whereas in his rookie season he was thriving.

Hayes - Same player pretty much. Maybe the only guy who has progressed a tiny bit

Ivey - His shooting percentage is actually up but he just looks worse in general. Goes without saying that he's not playing with the confidence he had to close last season

Duren - Same but I'd say actually worse defensively and he wasn't great defensively in his rookie season.

Stewart - Guy is getting worse all the time. Get him out of the starting lineup, I don't care if you have to go small all the time.

Bagley - He is what he is

Wiseman - He wasn't much to begin with but at least he was doing "some" things last year, he's a nothing this year

Ausar - Great start but has definitely trailed off and I bet that's at least partly due to being relegated to the bench. Could be a rookie wall he's hitting and now being immersed into this toxic culture but he's definitely fighting it lately

Sasser - Some of it his own doing as his shooting cooled off but now he's not even getting minutes

etc. etc.

Coaching is a problem guys. You could be a bad team but also see some progression from some young guys. I'm not seeing any. This coach got his fat paycheck which admittedly was pretty much the only reason he came here in the first place so he can just sit on his stacks and coach like he don't give a ****. Congrats on the money Monty

Edited by NYLion

11 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

this is merely an investment for Gores, he doesn't care if they win or lose. 

I disagree. I think he wants to win as evidence by him giving an unlimited budget to pour into getting HIS guy, I just don't think he knows how to win as evidenced by his complete inability to hire competent people. The will is there but the execution of the plan is severely lacking.

57 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Ok, I know the roster isn't good and they should have a bad record but it's blatantly obvious that Monty is a big problem. Not only are these young players regressing but they look miserable and completely disconnected as a team. I'm sorry, but no NBA franchise especially one with as many high picks as the Pistons have should be this non-competitive so many nights. 

Think about it, who is actually progressing? Where's the development? I'll go down the list...

Cade - Pretty much the same more or less but I'd actually say regression in terms of him crumbling down the stretch (the rare games that are actually competitive down the stretch) whereas in his rookie season he was thriving.

Hayes - Same player pretty much. Maybe the only guy who has progressed a tiny bit

Ivey - His shooting percentage is actually up but he just looks worse in general. Goes without saying that he's not playing with the confidence he had to close last season

Duren - Same but I'd say actually worse defensively and he wasn't great defensively in his rookie season.

Stewart - Guy is getting worse all the time. Get him out of the starting lineup, I don't care if you have to go small all the time.

Bagley - He is what he is

Wiseman - He wasn't much to begin with but at least he was doing "some" things last year, he's a nothing this year

Ausar - Great start but has definitely trailed off and I bet that's at least partly due to being relegated to the bench. Could be a rookie wall he's hitting and now being immersed into this toxic culture but he's definitely fighting it lately

Sasser - Some of it his own doing as his shooting cooled off but now he's not even getting minutes

etc. etc.

Coaching is a problem guys. You could be a bad team but also see some progression from some young guys. I'm not seeing any. This coach got his fat paycheck which admittedly was pretty much the only reason he came here in the first place so he can just sit on his stacks and coach like he don't give a ****. Congrats on the money Monty

coaching is definitely a problem.

one quibble with your post: wiseman has never shown anything in detroit.  he may stumble his way into points, but if he does its because he's tall.  he does not now, nor has he ever, understood how to play basketball.  he's the worst player in the nba.  rodney magruder is better.  chuck nevitt was better.  fennis dembo was better.  lance blanks was better.

i feel a bit for monty because troy weaver saddled him with a rotation of the always injured marvin bagley and the always terrible james wiseman and the always tantalizing but very young jalen duren.  not to mention the overdrafted, overpaid, undersized isaiah stewart.  you cant win with that frontcourt.

this combination of bad talent and bad coaching has led to 21 straight losses.  revel in the glorious mix of ineptitude.  i know i am.