12/26 @ 7PM Brooklyn Nets Vs Detroit Pistons

Tigeraholic1

9 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

If Cade doesn't score it or set it up, this team has very little chance to score in the 4th quarter.  

In a vacuum I like Ausar and Duren and not writing either off yet but its looking like the Pistons would have been better served getting 2 more offensive pieces before worrying about drafting defensive guys in the lottery. 

they did it!  i thought they might fail there at the end but they pulled defeat from the jaws of victory!

the single season nba record losing streak!  great job troy!  wonderful work arn!  i hope your son got some nice agent fees for the pistons drafting his clients!

ok boys.  TWO MORE and you set the all time record.  si se puede!  si se puede!  

I am not sure if it was more Cade or Burk's fault but that three by Finney-Smith with 38 seconds to go was killer.  Burk's got beat off the dribble and Cade left his man in the corner thinking he might need to help but the big guys were there to help.  Hard to fault Cade since he was the hero tonight but I think the right play there would have been to stay on the shooter in the corner.  

Just now, Deleterious said:

Probably busy counting his money.

in fairness to monty, he didnt want the job.  his wife is undergoing cancer treatments and he was going to get paid to do nothing.

however!  he took the damn job DESPITE your wife having cancer.  the least you can do is pretend to try.

still sad though. The players will carry the stigma but it's the management that put them into the losing situation. It's the equivalent having to go to work in an office in a sick building or waiting tables in a rat infested restaurant. The money may be a lot better but the working conditions being provided by your employer still suck.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

still sad though. The players will carry the stigma but it's the management that put them into the losing situation. It's the equivalent having to go to work in an office in a sick building or waiting tables in a rat infested restaurant. The money may be a lot better but the working conditions being provided by your employer still suck.

Yeah.  The Cavs were tanking when they carried the streak.  The Pistons were not.  The players have played hard but just aren't good enough.  And the coaching did them no favors.  I put this fully on Gores, Weaver, and Monty.  

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Bogey and Burks need to shoot 40%+ from 3 to offset what little else they do, today they were only 5-15. Also is it possible to have both Cade and Ivey play a good game at the same time? Ivey missed so many easy looks along with some free throws. 

Burks has unfortunately taken a pretty big step back this year.  I don't think it's age just finally catching up to him either.  He is just way off his career shooting percentages.  And he doesn't bring anything on defense to offset that.  

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Meh, when I think about the 0-16 Lions, I think about Millen and not the players. Dan Campbell was on that team and did all right. Weaver and Williams will own this. They aren't getting another job after this. 

I brought this up in a previous game thread but aside from all the physical problems on this team I can't get over how low of IQ they play with so often, especially in transition. Admittedly I've only watched about 10 games this year and of course watch with a closer eye on the Pistons then I do their opponents so maybe other teams have the same problem but I swear so often they will have numbers and it so rarely feels like it leads to an easy bucket due to how they play it.

Maybe the stats will show otherwise but I swear the feeling atleast when I watch is that they don't take advantage enough of those opportunities.  

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Two things that I've been saying all season still hold true. Cade deserves better and Monty is poison to this team and is the worst thing to happen to this franchise outside of the day Gores bought the team.

I still contend the worst thing to happen to this franchise was trading Billups. It seems like that was when Dumars completely lost his marbles and the franchise was never the same.