2024 CFP National Championship: #1 Michigan Wolverines (14-0) vs. #2 Washington Huskies (14-0)

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

But I would think that 24  hours later they'd have announced something.    If they are waiting on a good weather day then the parade won't be in the next 10 days.    It's January, you get what you get. 

City Council too busy with important stuff like banning leaf blowers. I don't even know where you could do a parade in A^2 anymore, they've made all the roads in the central city virtually impassable. And if it means closing a bike lane - forget it.

🤣

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

City Council too busy with important stuff like banning leaf blowers. I don't even know where you could do a parade in A^2 anymore, they've made all the roads in the central city virtually impassable. And if it means closing a bike lane - forget it.

🤣

U of M should be able to map out a route...........they own the whole ****in' city at this point.  

And yes, there will be someone there protesting the parade for some stupid reason.  There always is.   

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

🤣

And yet, 1200sq ft houses in the city are going for $800k.  My conclusion: old people miss the Old Left.

I saw a pic on ESPN's YT page of the Championship rings and all I got to say is that I hope those aren't the official ones or only ones that the team will get cause theres like no Michigan personalization at all and filled with ESPN branding. It almost looks like ESPN was the team that won the championship. 

24 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I saw a pic on ESPN's YT page of the Championship rings and all I got to say is that I hope those aren't the official ones or only ones that the team will get cause theres like no Michigan personalization at all and filled with ESPN branding. It almost looks like ESPN was the team that won the championship. 

I doubt they would have one designed that quickly. And I doubt Michigan’s big money wouldn’t have Michigan all over it.

I love em both.  "Mr. Brightside" had a measurable impact on the title game though.   Despite what television would have you think.  They apparently played "Smells like Teen Spirit" for the Washington fans to barely any reaction and then played "Mr. Brightside" and the place went nuts.  That was when we sealed Washington's fate from the jolt of energy in the team from the crowd.

Also love the "Pump it Up" from the video of the Buckeye crowd reactions during the 2021 Game.

Edited by romad1

16 hours ago, romad1 said:

I love em both.  "Mr. Brightside" had a measurable impact on the title game though.   Despite what television would have you think.  They apparently played "Smells like Teen Spirit" for the Washington fans to barely any reaction and then played "Mr. Brightside" and the place went nuts.  That was when we sealed Washington's fate from the jolt of energy in the team from the crowd.

Also love the "Pump it Up" from the video of the Buckeye crowd reactions during the 2021 Game.