2024 CFP National Championship: #1 Michigan Wolverines (14-0) vs. #2 Washington Huskies (14-0)

4 minutes ago, buddha said:

tom hart.  lol.

Screenshot_20240108_224227_X.jpg

lol yeah no way he actually believed that, atleast I hope he wasn't that stupid. I'm guessing just a butthurt SEC guy. Michigan gave up like 140 points total in 14 games and he was expecting them to give up 63 in the last one? 

ok, pent up aggression time:

oh mike penix is SOOOOOOOO good.  look what he did to 5* texas!  the wolverines cant match mike penix and washington!

stfu!  we play defense in the big ten.  take that pac 12 namby pamby football back to the wrong coast and sit on a beach.  this is football country.

stfu media.  stfu espn.  stfu athletic.  stfu ari wasserman and the osu mafia.  kiss our ass eleven warriors.  stop telling lies you big ten bitch coaches.  kiss our ass ryan day you "just for men" sign stealing, practice tape stealing  whiny little bitch,  **** you tony pettiti.  choke on this cheeseburger you ncaa clowns.  

best team in the country.  cry harder, bitches.

phew.  that felt good.

now go lions.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Ricky Bobby and the South Park episode where the kids finally beat the loser World of Warcraft guy but then don't know what to do with themselves after are what come to mind. 

I've been in the revenge business so long, I don't know what to do with the rest of my life. 

You'd make an excellent Dread Pirate Robers. 

6 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I still don't think this has all sank in yet, like it's been so long since one of my teams won a Championship I don't quite know what to do with myself or how to react right now.  

I agree. It's like...now what? When's the next game....lol

2 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

All my friends are wings or penguins fans.  So they at least had that.  I’ve been waiting since 04 pistons. 

I'm pretty agnostic to the Wings so their championships really didn't effect me in any big way so the 04 Pistons would really be the last championship for me as well. 

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

ok, pent up aggression time:

oh mike penix is SOOOOOOOO good.  look what he did to 5* texas!  the wolverines cant match mike penix and washington!

stfu!  we play defense in the big ten.  take that pac 12 namby pamby football back to the wrong coast and sit on a beach.  this is football country.

stfu media.  stfu espn.  stfu athletic.  stfu ari wasserman and the osu mafia.  kiss our ass eleven warriors.  stop telling lies you big ten bitch coaches.  kiss our ass ryan day you "just for men" sign stealing, practice tape stealing  whiny little bitch,  **** you tony pettiti.  choke on this cheeseburger you ncaa clowns.  

best team in the country.  cry harder, bitches.

phew.  that felt good.

now go lions.

Dude. Love it.  If we get more of this I’ll back the **** off in game threads.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'm pretty agnostic to the Wings so their championships really didn't effect me in any big way so the 04 Pistons would really be the last championship for me as well. 

I enjoy every teams season even when they don't come out on top. I always say sports is the original reality TV. But winning it all is so, so sweet!!

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The Tigers winning the 2012 pennant felt really good at the time, but within 10 days of that the Tigers had been swept in the World Series and my dad suddenly fell ill and died. So, well. As for the ‘08 Wings, I was still a bit bummed after the late heartbreak of Game 5 when I was in attendance and that would have been the only time in my life I’ve witnessed in a pro sports championship in person. 2002 Wings was sweet. 

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

The Tigers winning the 2012 pennant felt really good at the time, but within 10 days of that the Tigers had been swept in the World Series and my dad suddenly fell ill and died. So, well. As for the ‘08 Wings, I was still a bit bummed after the late heartbreak of Game 5 when I was in attendance and that would have been the only time in my life I’ve witnessed in a pro sports championship in person. 2002 Wings was sweet. 

Michigan State won a MBB championship in the earlies of my time in Washington DC.  I had to remind my sparty wife about my support for that as she begrudged me the night tonight. 

Michigan's player development is really second to no one in the NCAA. We don't get 3, 4, 5, 6 five star players like Ohio, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, LSU, etc. Yet somehow, we play at the same high level they do and outclass those teams. That really speaks volumes about Jim Harbaugh and our assistant coaches. They've done a masterful job in developing players and getting guys that fit their scheme perfectly.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

The Tigers winning in 1984 was the first time I had the feeling, so that will always be special.  The second that Gibby's ball landed  in the upper deck we got in the car and went downtown.  We didn't burn anything.    Soon as I got there I ran into a friend. 

The most emotional was the 1997 Wings.   The Stanley Cup, to me, is the hardest to win.    Yes, I cried my eyes out that night, my eyes well up now when I think of it. 

After a solid decade of suck around these parts, this is wonderful.     

Go ahead and vacate it, you can't take away this night and this feeling.   

No snowstorm is going to stop me from being at that parade (whenever it is).   I'll see you all down there and we and sing and shake our heads over all the losing in the Used To Be. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 1

It's fitting and a little bittersweet for M to end up as the 1st and last great team of anything resembling the old B10 - which the B1G East does still carry some feel of. That's going away now - and whatever and whoever emerges as a powerhouse in the thing which starts coming into being next year, and whether it's M or not, it's going to be a different thing.