NFC Super Wildcard Weekend: Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5)

LIONSLOGOGDT.png.1a1a1448a62232a7d3052991f5de9152.png          vs.          ramslogo.png.f5ea9ba5c072c40f1d77fd770d950cc1.png

Setting: 01/14/2024 8:15pm EST on NBC

Site: Ford Field in Detroit, MI

Weather: Climate Controlled

Opening Spread: Lions -3.5

All-Time Series Record: Rams lead, 45-41-1

Last Meeting: 10/24/2021, Rams won 28-19

#6 Los Angeles Rams (10-7)

Head Coach: Sean McVay (7th Season: 70-45, 7-3 in Playoffs)

Projected Starting QB: John Matthew Stafford (15th Season: 98-107-1, 4-3 in Playoffs)

Last Week: 21-20 W @ San Francisco 49ers (12-5)

staffordmcvay.thumb.jpeg.84a3b8b37ecf7f78eee4ae538d62dded.jpeg

Your #3 Detroit Lions (12-5)

Head Coach: Dan Campbell (3rd Season: 24-26-1, 0-0 in Playoffs)

Projected Starting QB: Jared Goff (8th Season: 66-50-1, 2-3 in Playoffs)

Last Week: 30-20 W v. Minnesota Vikings (7-10)

goffcampbll.thumb.jpeg.76e9536bbc4ec8ebb164df8f6bb5a651.jpeg

Elsewhere in the NFC

Sunday: #7 Green Bay Packers @ #2 Dallas Cowboys (4:30pm on FOX)

Monday: #5 Philadelphia Eagles @ #4 Tampa Bay Buccanneers (8:00pm on ESPN)

BYE: #1 San Francisco 49ers

Edited by MichiganCardinal

dyar: 

goff 3rd

stafford 8th

dvoa:

goff 3rd

stafford 9th.

(purdy is #1 if you were wondering...)

at the bottom?  bryce young is last by a MILE, followed by zach wilson, sam howell, mac jones, and justin fields.

people who think the bears shouldnt draft a qb are idiots.  i HOPE the bears dont take a qb.

11 minutes ago, buddha said:

people who think the bears shouldnt draft a qb are idiots.  i HOPE the bears dont take a qb.

What do you think is worse Buddha... the Bears draft Caleb Williams, or keep Fields and trade their top spot for a massive Halloween bag of draft candy

3 minutes ago, number20 said:

What do you think is worse Buddha... the Bears draft Caleb Williams, or keep Fields and trade their top spot for a massive Halloween bag of draft candy

they have to draft williams.  you cant run it back with fields.  if so, they have to pick up his option and then pay him huge qb money.

they have manna from heaven in that #1 overall pick with a supposed generational qb sitting them in the face.  they have to do it.

fields has made incremental improvements but is still not good as a passer.  i'm not sure what the excuses are now.  his oline has been decent.  they have a decent running game.  he has a really good receiver in moore and a quality tight end in kmet.

and he's still at the bottom of the league in passing.  

my fear is they get harbaugh.  i dont think they will, but that's my fear.

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Bears always find a way to ruin a QB. They still don't have a 4,000 yard passer in their history. Their single season leader is Erik Kramer. 

Yeah that's pretty putrid. And Fields has had one 300 yard game in his NFL career. One.

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

Well, considering how long it took him to come up with a QB like JJ as a recruiter, it might be tempting to have Williams served up to you on a platter.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

They can draft Williams and still have a top 10 pick plus probably a pretty high pick for Fields. They really are set up well. 

i think the best you'll get for fields is a second rounder.  probably a 3rd.  maybe two 3rds.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Well, considering how long it took him to come up with a QB like JJ as a recruiter, it might be tempting to have Williams served up to you on a platter.

i know you have a hatred of jim harbaugh, but he's one of the most successful coaches in the game.  no other coach has been as successful in college and the pros.  not saban.  not bill walsh.  not urban meyer.

5 minutes ago, buddha said:

they have to draft williams.  you cant run it back with fields.  if so, they have to pick up his option and then pay him huge qb money.

they have manna from heaven in that #1 overall pick with a supposed generational qb sitting them in the face.  they have to do it.

fields has made incremental improvements but is still not good as a passer.  i'm not sure what the excuses are now.  his oline has been decent.  they have a decent running game.  he has a really good receiver in moore and a quality tight end in kmet.

and he's still at the bottom of the league in passing.  

Keeping Fields would mean they passed on Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, C.J. Stroud, and Caleb Williams

qbr:

fields 23rd

(right after kyler murray, right above sam howell)

passer rating:

fields 23rd

(right after nick mullen)

fields is in year 3 as a starter and he's not even nick mullens.  he's barely better than sam howell.  if the bears DIDNT have the #1 pick they would probably keep him and roll with him as a glorified running back.  but they DO have the #1 pick!  use it.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

i know you have a hatred of jim harbaugh, but he's one of the most successful coaches in the game.  no other coach has been as successful in college and the pros.  not saban.  not bill walsh.  not urban meyer.

not sure what that post has to do with anyone hating Harbaugh but whatever. Vince Lombardi wouldn't like to be sitting about to lose his #1 asset and having just heard that a potential replacement has stiffed him.

by qbr, stafford exceeds goff by quite a bit.

i think stafford is a very dangerous qb.  great arm.  great receivers.  good offensive coach.  the rams are really dangerous.  

the difference between goff and stafford in goff's favor is that stafford can be reckless with the ball and can turn it over.  moreso than goff, imo.

slow and steady sometimes wins the race.  hopefully we can get the rams to turn it over and control the game with the running game.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

not sure what that post has to do with anyone hating Harbaugh but whatever. Vince Lombardi wouldn't like to be sitting about to lose his #1 asset and having just heard that a potential replacement has stiffed him.

im not sure what your post meant.  i assumed it was another slap at harbaugh like you usually do.  but whatever, my bad if it wasnt.

10 minutes ago, buddha said:

i know you have a hatred of jim harbaugh, but he's one of the most successful coaches in the game.  no other coach has been as successful in college and the pros.  not saban.  not bill walsh.  not urban meyer.1

I'm sure Jack finds Jim's record really intimidating when they gather around the Thanksgiving dinner table....🤣

If I had wanted to take a slap at Harbaugh it would be that he's not even the best FB coach in the family.

A) let's see if he wins the big one

B) let's see if he sticks around either way.

Edited by gehringer_2

I have 2 friends who are Bears fans, they both worship Fields and want him back. Nothing is ever his fault, he can do no wrong, he's way better than Goff, etc. They blame everything on Getsy, Flus, no receivers except DJ, sh*t OL, equipment manager, ownership, astrology, God....    

5 minutes ago, number20 said:

I have 2 friends who are Bears fans, they both worship Fields and want him back. Nothing is ever his fault, he can do no wrong, he's way better than Goff, etc. They blame everything on Getsy, Flus, no receivers except DJ, sh*t OL, equipment manager, ownership, astrology, God....    

I suppose it's not that uncommon for people to migrate to Chicago from Columbus....