NFC Divisional Round: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10-8) @ Detroit Lions (13-5)

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Looking at some twitter posts about the situation and I guess it's one of those "unwritten rules" or codes that if you don't use the timeout on 1st down that is to tell your opponent that you aren't going to use it so they can just take the next 2 kneel downs quickly instead of milking the entire play clock. Assuming that's true that makes sense why the Lions snapped it so quickly and that Bowles didn't use it at the end. 

You can argue if it would've been worth it but if it is an unwritten code from coaches you probably don't want to be the one to break it......especially against a guy the size of Dan Campbell.lol 

I think Bowles should have used it on 1st down. Once he didn't, than yeah run it out. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I am! Booked it on Wednesday. 

82F6A51A-8110-4B4C-9B41-50924B0D2B30.jpeg

Damn, you don't waste any time.

Are you a Canucks fan by any chance? If so, you're living pretty well as a sports fan right now. I'm an Edmonton Oilers so everything is coming up roses for me lately.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Are you a Canucks fan by any chance? If so, you're living pretty well as a sports fan right now. I'm an Edmonton Oilers so everything is coming up roses for me lately.

omg!  no he's not a canucks fan!  he's a wings fan, like all good people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I would feel better losing to the 49ers than Packers, but it wouldn't sit well with me losing to someone named Brock.

I know it's kind of a loser mentality but that was one of the reasons why I was pulling for the 49ers. We may have had an easier time playing the Pack at home vs. the 49ers on the road but the pessimist in me was thinking about that I absolutely under no circumstances wanted to lose to the Pack and see them in the SB. Losing to the 49ers would still be upsetting but not like losing to a Packers team who finished 3 games worse than us and for the most part have been mediocre all season. To see THEM be the ones to spoil our dream season and make the Super Bowl would just make me sick. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I know it's kind of a loser mentality but that was one of the reasons why I was pulling for the 49ers. We may have had an easier time playing the Pack at home vs. the 49ers on the road but the pessimist in me was thinking about that I absolutely under no circumstances wanted to lose to the Pack and see them in the SB. Losing to the 49ers would still be upsetting but not like losing to a Packers team who finished 4 games worse than us and for the most part have been mediocre all season. To see THEM be the ones to spoil our dream season would just make me sick. 

This. I agree 💯 %.

26 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

All the years we've posted here clowning on the ownership, the front office, the coaching, the players on the field, the mistakes, the bad draft picks, the getting boned by officiating and doing nothing. Now we get to celebrate this team here and it feels amazing to not be bitching, complaining, laughing, and shaking our heads for once.

Wait until next week...lol

8 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I don’t mind the Canucks or their fans at all, but like Buddha said, I’m a Wings fan for sure. 

I wonder how the NFL decides who gets the afternoon game and who gets the night game for the Championship Game? 

I always assumed that they would just put what they thought the better matchup would be last but I'm guessing that isn't the case since they announced the schedule yesterday before any of the teams played today. 

Maybe the respective networks just alternate every year and this was the year Fox so in turn the NFC got the night game?

Edited by RandyMarsh

This defense seems to get gashed by one receiver but hold the other in check. Godwin was pretty much non-existent. Kupp did nothing. Addison was held in check for the most part. For all the consternation about the defense recently, the held Tampa to 23 points, Rams to 23, Vikings 20, Cowboys 20 and Vikings 24. It's not an elite defense but it's proving to be good enough. 

15 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

The interception and final kneeldowns, the tv version. 

Is their any seizemic research for that moment when he picked that ball off.    4.5 on the Richter?  (very localized)

I TOLD YOU DON'T PLAY WITH US !    (Don't need Jomboy Media to read those lips for me)

Edited by Motor City Sonics