NFC Divisional Round: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10-8) @ Detroit Lions (13-5)

48 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Would a Lions SB run move them off the bottom spot in the worst franchise in sports history list where most people have them at now?

No. They have a 60+ year history that will always be with this franchise. A 10 year dynasty would make it sting a little less. It's like New Orleans back in the Archie Manning years. The were losers for years. Or all the years New England stunk. Their drought was much shorter, compared to Detroit's.

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

It’s so weird, I’m sitting in a packed bar right now here in Vancouver and all these Chiefs and Bills fans are sweating bullets, while I’m just sitting back drinking my pint and munching on nachos without a care in the world. 

Lol...my heart has finally stopped pounding. I know how thise fans feel. I forgot to eat all day. BTW? Do you ask for a pint of beer when you order? How about a pitcher of beer?

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

No. They have a 60+ year history that will always be with this franchise. A 10 year dynasty would make it sting a little less. It's like New Orleans back in the Archie Manning years. The were losers for years. Or all the years New England stunk. Their drought was much shorter, compared to Detroit's.

Don't think it takes that long.  Remember how great the Steelers were in the Mid 70s.   If you had told anyone they'd be that prior to 1971 people would have thrown you in the looney bin.  (or the Rooney bin).   It can change quickly.     It did for the Saints too. 

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Don't think it takes that long.  Remember how great the Steelers were in the Mid 70s.   If you had told anyone they'd be that prior to 1971 people would have thrown you in the looney bin.  (or the Rooney bin).   It can change quickly.     It did for the Saints too. 

Those teams got the winning attitude. At least, Pittsburgh did. Their last 3 coaches were the best winning coach run in the league. New Orleans is headed back downhill. They were only good for a few years. But that's my point, most teams had a winning cycle. The Lions never have. My favorite question, every season, has been "When's it our turn?"

28 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Those teams got the winning attitude. At least, Pittsburgh did. Their last 3 coaches were the best winning coach run in the league. New Orleans is headed back downhill. They were only good for a few years. But that's my point, most teams had a winning cycle. The Lions never have. My favorite question, every season, has been "When's it our turn?"

As soon as they finally made a Super Bowl run just one time people forgot The Aints 

14 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Just think, no matter what happens in the NFC Championship game, the Lions will enter next season as Super Bowl contenders. 

But Holmes will blow the draft by picking players with low positional value like this one. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

For as much hype as Josh Allen and Buffalo gets every year, the Lions have played in as many conference championship games. 

Despite having a million dollar arm and making highlight reel throws and plays he also seems to miss too many throws that QBs have to make. In this game that 2nd down throw to the end zone. The guy was wide open and he just missed it, Romo tried blaming it on being hit but the replay shows that he got the ball off cleanly but he just missed him. That's a throw I feel confident that Goff would've completed or at the very least gave his receiver a chance to catch. 

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

Despite having a million dollar arm and making highlight reel throws and plays he also seems to miss too many throws that QBs have to make. In this game that 2nd down throw to the end zone. The guy was wide open and he just missed it, Romo tried blaming it on being hit but the replay shows that he got the ball off cleanly but he just missed him. That's a throw I feel confident that Goff would've completed or at the very least gave his receiver a chance to catch. 

It also looked like Diggs was wide open over the middle with no one around him. Probably a 1st down even if he takes the short pass to Diggs.