NFC Divisional Round: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10-8) @ Detroit Lions (13-5)

34 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

As soon as they finally made a Super Bowl run just one time people forgot The Aints 

So you think if the Lions have several long playoff runs, nobody will remember the barren years? Not me, those futile years will always be remembered. 

9 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Happy for Barnes, it's hard for me to believe that this is only his 3rd year and he was a Holmes draft pick. For some reason in my head it feels like he has been here a lot longer than that. 

Check out that video I just posted. MCDC agrees with you.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I predict this NFC Championship game will be closer than the last one the Lions played in. 

I would accept it being similar to the last time the Lions and Niners met in the playoffs. Even with Badgley, I'd like my chances with a 42-yard FG attempt at the end of regulation to go to the Super Bowl.

25 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I predict this NFC Championship game will be closer than the last one the Lions played in. 

I think I am probably the only member of this board who actually attended the Redskins 41-10 destruction of the Lions in January 1992 at RFK. My boss took me; it was both fun and not fun at all. That was the first of 9 consecutives playoff losses.

The bad news is I just happen to be in SF all week and I am currently seeing how expensive it will be to attend.

16 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Jamie Samuelson and Don Shane too. I suppose Drew Sharp too, ever the cynic that he was.

It would have been nice if Jerry Green had lived to see the Lions make the Super Bowl. He covered the first 56. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/detroit/news/super-bowl-streak-comes-to-an-end-for-jerry-green-longtime-detroit-sports-journalist/

1 hour ago, RedRamage said:

So surreal. Just two games next week, just four teams...  and on of them is the Lions.

image.thumb.png.4cf5757375e9c5491dc2a20b14acd6cf.png

I loved the moment when the Ticketmaster listings page changed on a refresh from “NFC Championship Game: San Francisco 49ers vs TBD” to “NFC Championship Game: San Francisco 49ers vs Detroit Lions”.