MotownSports Forums Down Again

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I don't like about this site is the editing feature. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts on to paper so often times after I post something and reread I will realize that I either didnt express the point the way I wanted, forgot something or just made stupid grammatical mistakes.  

If I catch them right after posting I can edit it but even then you have to deal with it saying it was edited but worse is if I don't catch it till a couple minutes later by which time it is to late to edit. I then find myself having to quote the post with an additional comment. Not the end of the world but something that I wish would be changed. 

4 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

It'd be hard methinks to copy all of our history from there to here....

How would we even do that?

Nah,  sometimes a brand new start is good.   Like moving into a new house.   We can't be like Beaver Cleaver and remove the tree from your old house and replant it here.    Besides, I rank really high in Reputation Points and I since I am no good at anything, I want to challenge Bertie for the title..........if only I could photoshop.     I dare you to like this.  I DARE YOU !!!!!!    

Edited by Motor City Sonics

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Don't want to go through the hassle at the old site... again. 

Also: if anyone else is noticing... all those "topical" threads that were created at the old site are slowly disappearing...

there were/are so many of those that I wouldn't be able to tell. but I do see that both my posts from this morning are gone.

well, I guess one of those was a thread in the Tigers forum, so yeah, I guess I noticed one then.

I'm not 100% sure it's intentional, though. I also read all the posts in the political forum this morning that I hadn't read before things went wonky, and when I went back there just now, they were all unread again. so it's like some state got reset in the past few hours. posts gone, reading activity "forgotten", etc.

Edited by Crazy Cat Gentleman

6 hours ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

someone with admin access to both would have to export and then import. and I think MWG said he doesn't have admin privs at MTS any more, so that leaves us with... no one.

Correct, I do not have admin access at MotownSports anymore… I just have moderator access.

4 hours ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

there were/are so many of those that I wouldn't be able to tell. but I do see that both my posts from this morning are gone.

well, I guess one of those was a thread in the Tigers forum, so yeah, I guess I noticed one then.

I just finished cleaning up a bunch of the topical threads on MTS. I didn’t delete the earlier ones you referenced (I assume the admin did since he appears to have logged in), but I cleaned up the majority that remained. They were fun to read while the site was not operating correctly for a month, but now that it is back up and running, I wanted to clean up the “graffiti”. Wether you post there again or not, there’s too much history there to leave it trashed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

The only thing I don't like about this site is the editing feature. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts on to paper so often times after I post something and reread I will realize that I either didnt express the point the way I wanted, forgot something or just made stupid grammatical mistakes.  

If I catch them right after posting I can edit it but even then you have to deal with it saying it was edited but worse is if I don't catch it till a couple minutes later by which time it is to late to edit. I then find myself having to quote the post with an additional comment. Not the end of the world but something that I wish would be changed. 

I think MTS was set to 24 hours and you had complete discretion as to whether an edit was marked as edited. If I had to guess, edit max time is set to five minutes here and any edit is marked as such.

OOTP forums are set to five minutes before it’s automatically marked as edited, and you can edit forever. That’s a pretty good system, at least the five minute part. It allows you to edit technical mistakes like misspellings and punctuation errors. Since I updated to iOS 15, sometimes a letter or space I type will double up and I won’t notice it until I post and look at it live.