Visual Amusement. (Keep it clean!)

RedRamage

On 10/14/2023 at 12:42 PM, oblong said:

That’s the same for me. I feel so bloated even after one. Any beer with berries does that. Citrus is fine. 

Dude - I drink maybe 1 beer a week, if that - Came home on Thursday night & grabbed one.  Ended up with gas so bad I sat up in a chair until 3:30 in the morning!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 7:45 AM, Biff Mayhem said:

There is talk of training crows to pick up discarded cigarette butts in California. They really are smart creatures.

I had tons of crows, blackbirds, etc in my yard the other day… like a scene out of “The Birds”.  Should have given them cleanup duties! 😁

IMG_3847.jpeg

IMG_3846.jpeg

• Haha 1

In the years before West Nile hit, we had a group of crows that would work their way from west to east down our street every morning and evening just like clockwork. West Nile apparently killed them and even years later we only have occasional crows in the neighborhood, and no organized groups like that one was.

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Crazy if true.

this is going to depend on the type of battery. An old style carbon-zinc battery will actually stop bouncing as it discharges because the can is dissolving as part of the reaction and so getting softer.

But I assume these are alkaline batteries. The effect here is not due to the case because an alkaline battery is wrapped in a steel can that is not part of the reaction. I'd guess what is happening is that as an alkaline battery discharges the electrolyte, which in a fresh battery is pretty well immobilized, eventually turns more liquid and if there is free liquid inside the battery that will suppress the bounce - or the opposite - but affect it one way of the other (just like raw egg won't spin but a hard boiled one will). I'd guess it may still depend on manufacturing details that may vary by manufacturer though.....

Guess I'll have to get out the voltmeter and check this out......

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I just use my volt meter to test them. Takes just as long and is way more accurate. 

plus my batteries are in the basement and my lazy butt doesn’t want to make two trips up and down the stairs. 

I haven't checked it out as I don't have any dead batteries right now to compare, but even if there is something to it it's going to be very inexact. But on the other hand, if you just want to know if a battery that you find in a drawer is worth getting the meter out for maybe.....