POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

3 minutes ago, oblong said:

I had that guy pegged as a creep as soon as I saw his profile pic. His tweets were stupid. Greeting card tripe. 

This country has a problem with celebrity CEOs.  I am sick to death of seeing ads telling me to adore Elon Musk.

And there was another thing recently I seem to recall...the guy's name escapes me:  New York real estate and gambling.

Edited by romad1

Nothing wrong with appreciating what a CEO does in the boardroom. 

I love Elon for what he had done with Tesla. Somone posted how much cash Rivian and Lucid are burning through right now and compared it to Tesla at the same time. Tesla was much more efficient at the same comparable time and producing a lot more units.  I just don't care what he does in his personal life. 

No different than rooting for an athlete on the court or field even though they are questionable off of it. Zeke is human garbage and is still worshipped in this town. Same with Billups. 

18 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I love Elon for what he had done with Tesla. Somone posted how much cash Rivian and Lucid are burning through right now and compared it to Tesla at the same time. Tesla was much more efficient at the same comparable time and producing a lot more units.  I just don't care what he does in his personal life. 

No different than rooting for an athlete on the court or field even though they are questionable off of it. Zeke is human garbage and is still worshipped in this town. Same with Billups. 

Didn't take long for some spring-butt to rush to his defense.

LOL Elon hasn't done shit for Tesla. He's just a master stock manipulator. He has a developed a cult like following. He's been promising FSD is one year away since 2014. He started charging $10,000 for the feature in 2016 that still doesn't exist. He sold Roadster's in 2017 for nearly $200k that still don't exist. He told us the Cybertruck would be in production by 2019. The factory isn't even built yet. He promises humanoid robots and instead we got a mannequin and a guy dancing in a costume. He's not genius. He's PT Barnum.

18 hours ago, Deleterious said:

That is fine, but rooting for someone is not the same as adoring him.  

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Your post is ironic.  Just not sure you understand why.

I understand. You admire a man who created a cult of adoring investors. They invest in Elon, not Tesla. They invest because they think Elon is on the verge of something revolutionary that's been a year away since 2014. They believe in his hyperloop that turned out to be a single lane tunnel of about 2 miles. They believe in his robot that was just a guy in a costume. He's a charlatan. It's fine if you admire charlatans.

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I understand. You admire a man who created a cult of adoring investors. They invest in Elon, not Tesla. They invest because they think Elon is on the verge of something revolutionary that's been a year away since 2014. They believe in his hyperloop that turned out to be a single lane tunnel of about 2 miles. They believe in his robot that was just a guy in a costume. He's a charlatan. It's fine if you admire charlatans.

Show me a stock without an adoring cult of investors and I will show you a stock in the red.

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

Show me a stock without an adoring cult of investors and I will show you a stock in the red.

Tesla's market value is more than about the 10 largest automakers combined despite Tesla producing significantly fewer vehicles than any of those automakers. Nobody invests in GM because of Mary Barra or Ford because of Jim Farley. Elon is very good at pumping the stock and his cult like investors eat it up. I don't find charlatans and snake oil salesmen admirable. You do apparently.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Tesla's market value is more than about the 10 largest automakers combined despite Tesla producing significantly fewer vehicles than any of those automakers. Nobody invests in GM because of Mary Barra or Ford because of Jim Farley. Elon is very good at pumping the stock and his cult like investors eat it up. I don't find charlatans and snake oil salesmen admirable. You do apparently.

Welcome to growth stocks!  First time here?  Growth stocks have always had an unexplainable valuation.

Nobody invests in Ford/GM because 99% of the vehicles they currently make wont be made in a decade or so.  EV's are the future and Tesla is currently the only company capable of mass producing one.  66% of 2022 2Q US EV sales were Teslas.  They are enjoying the rewards for being first to market.

Eventually VW and Toyota will open up the EV spigot and eat into that Tesla market share.  And when they do Tesla will most likely experience a similar fate that Netflix is currently experiencing. 

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Welcome to growth stocks!  First time here?  Growth stocks have always had an unexplainable valuation.

Nobody invests in Ford/GM because 99% of the vehicles they currently make wont be made in a decade or so.  EV's are the future and Tesla is currently the only company capable of mass producing one.  66% of 2022 2Q US EV sales were Teslas.  They are enjoying the rewards for being first to market.

Eventually VW and Toyota will open up the EV spigot and eat into that Tesla market share.  And when they do Tesla will most likely experience a similar fate that Netflix is currently experiencing. 

My take on celebrity CEOs is that they are likely terrible as political leaders for all the right-side-of-the-brain, damn-the-process, lets-build-a-barn-and-put-on-a-show, stuff. 

I get that people love them some Elon Musk.  The Earth to Mars tv show, Twitter and other social media has been coaching me for years on how great he is.    Henry Ford would have been shit as a political leader.  I'm not down with that model of leadership at least until the current unpleasant experiment in fascist demagoguery passes away into the dustbin of history.

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Ford already sells more EV trucks now than Tesla and GM was producing and selling an EV before Tesla ever existed. GM has already beaten Tesla in autonomous driving. Tesla was on the verge of bankruptcy in 2018 by Elon's own admission and didn't even start turning a profit on vehicles until last year. The whole allure to investing in Tesla is buying Elon's false promises. FSD he has been promising for 8 years now, one million robotaxis on the road (which GM has beaten Tesla there), an EV truck that was supposed to be in production by now, Roadster's that were actually sold 5 years ago that still aren't on the road, a hyperloop that is a single one lane tunnel that serves no purpose, robots that are just people in costumes, brain implants, putting people on Mars, and the list goes on. If Mary Barra and Jim Farley kept making these wild promises to pump their stock, they would have been out the door long ago. It's not a growth stock, it's snakeoil. Elon is using that funding to buy Twitter. Ford and GM would get raked over the coals if they decided to just buy Facebook for $50 billion. Elon is a charlatan. He's not genius.

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Ford already sells more EV trucks now than Tesla and GM was producing and selling an EV before Tesla ever existed. GM has already beaten Tesla in autonomous driving. Tesla was on the verge of bankruptcy in 2018 by Elon's own admission and didn't even start turning a profit on vehicles until last year. The whole allure to investing in Tesla is buying Elon's false promises. FSD he has been promising for 8 years now, one million robotaxis on the road (which GM has beaten Tesla there), an EV truck that was supposed to be in production by now, Roadster's that were actually sold 5 years ago that still aren't on the road, a hyperloop that is a single one lane tunnel that serves no purpose, robots that are just people in costumes, brain implants, putting people on Mars, and the list goes on. If Mary Barra and Jim Farley kept making these wild promises to pump their stock, they would have been out the door long ago. It's not a growth stock, it's snakeoil. Elon is using that funding to buy Twitter. Ford and GM would get raked over the coals if they decided to just buy Facebook for $50 billion. Elon is a charlatan. He's not genius.

You are the reverse fan boy!  With them, Elon does nothing wrong.  With you,  he does nothing right.

At the end of the day both groups are annoying as fuck.

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

You are the reverse fan boy!  With them, Elon does nothing wrong.  With you,  he does nothing right.

At the end of the day both groups are annoying as fuck.

I find people who admire charlatans annoying as fuck as well. Everything I said was accurate. He's made many false promises in order to boost his stock. Sorry if it annoys the fuck out of you that the charlatan you admire is nothing more than a snake oil salesman.