POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

26 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

As long as he stays in Mississippi, he'll be fine.   He could run for Senate and still win...........You know,  football.  

I think the only way Favre could be elected senator from Mississippi is to go full bore MAGA. Not just like MAGA, or vote for MAGA. I mean kiss the ring and lip off on MAGA ideas any chance he gets. Become completely identified with MAGA. Basically, forfeit his identity to Trump.

If he doesn’t do that, inevitably running against someone else who already has, I don’t see how Favre would win in hard-right MIssissippi.

On 10/2/2022 at 2:23 PM, chasfh said:

I think the only way Favre could be elected senator from Mississippi is to go full bore MAGA. Not just like MAGA, or vote for MAGA. I mean kiss the ring and lip off on MAGA ideas any chance he gets. Become completely identified with MAGA. Basically, forfeit his identity to Trump.

If he doesn’t do that, inevitably running against someone else who already has, I don’t see how Favre would win in hard-right MIssissippi.

Yeah, it's gonna happen ...

2. 🏈 Scoop: Trump lawyer to represent Favre

Photo illustration of Brett Farve with abstract shapes and money

Photo illustration: Allie Carl/Axios. Photo: Hannah Foslien/Getty Images

Eric Herschmann, a top White House lawyer to President Trump, confirms to Axios he is now lead counsel to Brett Favre, who's at the center of Mississippi's biggest-ever public corruption case.

What he's saying: "I only agreed to represent Brett Favre after I did my independent due diligence and was convinced that he did nothing wrong," Herschmann told Axios' Mike Allen.

• "Brett enthusiastically tried to help his alma mater, a public university, that needed and wanted his help," Herschmann added.

• "Brett had no idea that welfare funds were being used or that others were involved in illegal conduct."

Context: Favre, 52, endorsed Trump in 2020 with a tweet that said in part: "My Vote is for what makes this country great."

• Herschmann, 60, was one of Trump's most trusted aides, and represented him at his first impeachment trial.

• He's been subpoenaed by the federal grand jury investigating the Jan. 6 attack.

Enough evidence to charge Hunter Biden because of his taxes and his lying on paperwork when buying a gun? Shit, man, they could probably charge a million rank-and-file red hats for the same thing ...

2. Federal agents narrow in on Hunter

1665084140869.jpg

Hunter Biden attends a ceremony to present the Presidential Medal of Freedom in July. Photo: Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call via Getty Images

FBI and IRS agents believe they've got the goods to charge Hunter Biden, and they're waiting on a Trump-appointed U.S. attorney to decide whether there's enough evidence to pursue an indictment, The Washington Post reports.

• Agents are focused on his taxes and whether he lied on paperwork when buying a gun, sources told the Post.

Between the lines: Attorney General Merrick Garland "has vowed there will be no political or otherwise improper interference in the Hunter Biden case, and has not moved to push [U.S. Attorney David C. Weiss] to make a decision," the Post reports.

• Hunter Biden's lawyer said in a statement to the Post that "any agent you cite as a source in your article apparently has committed such a felony" for leaking grand jury information.

On 10/7/2022 at 9:41 AM, CMRivdogs said:

Ben Sasse is reportedly leaving the Senate to become President of the University of Florida.  There are 4 years left in his term.

he will kill the academic rating of his system, which he probably doesn't care about - but it will mean more of Florida's best and brightest will leave the state to go school, and when kids leave home to go to school as often as not they don't come back.

5 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

he will kill the academic rating of his system, which he probably doesn't care about - but it will mean more of Florida's best and brightest will leave the state to go school, and when kids leave home to go to school as often as not they don't come back.

That’s OK. Fascists don’t want smart people among the population anyway, because smart people question things, create dissension, and sow the seeds of change. That’s why one of the first things fascist dictators do, once they achieve unchallenged power, is round up all the intellectuals and murder them.

Fascists don’t like or trust smart people, and neither does their support base.

14 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That’s OK. Fascists don’t want smart people among the population anyway, because smart people question things, create dissension, and sow the seeds of change. That’s why one of the first things fascist dictators do, once they achieve unchallenged power, is round up all the intellectuals and murder them.

Fascists don’t like or trust smart people, and neither does their support base.

Florida as the AARP chapter of Mississippi.

On 10/8/2022 at 3:45 PM, gehringer_2 said:

Florida as the AARP chapter of Mississippi.

I remember a lot of folks looking for directions from Newark and Jersey City to "Boca".

"Avoid cities, mountains and I-95"

And could you read me the directions, we're leaving in 15 minutes,,,

Edited by CMRivdogs

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

@oblong did you happen to hear about, see or at all follow the Dearborn Public School Board meeting devolved into complete chaos all because a bunch of "concerned" (homophobic) parents showed up at the meeting and basically started a mob?

absolutely.  The meeting is 1/2 mile from my house and across the street from my old one.

Religious fanatics of the Muslim and Christian faiths are raising hell.  They claim it's about books that are explicit but pay attention to some of the signs you see and you'll just see blatant anti gay slurs having nothing to do with kids or books.  You'll see the word "groomer". You'll see a sign that says "Homosexual is Sin".  Some of the signs are in poor English.

I might go Thursday to the rescheduled meeting but I'm afraid I will get into a fight.

So ironic that so many people are now in bed with the same people who called them terrorists 20 years ago.  For the record our Muslim mayor is against all of this.  He's taking a lot of heat from "his people" as they said on his facebook post showing support for not banning books. He has no control over the schools as that's the superintendent and school board but said the city libraries will unequivocally not be banning books.

Nothing has upset me more politically since Jan 6.

This reminds me. It was about 10 years ago or so I remember watching a segment by Jesse Watters on Fox News. He was in Dearborn talking about how the city was falling to Sharia Law. He interviewed someone who claimed a woman was stoned to death for buying condoms. I can't help but think 10 years later and Republicans are pushing to make contraception illegal and become the same Sharia Law they scared people about 10 years ago. 

37 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

This reminds me. It was about 10 years ago or so I remember watching a segment by Jesse Watters on Fox News. He was in Dearborn talking about how the city was falling to Sharia Law. He interviewed someone who claimed a woman was stoned to death for buying condoms. I can't help but think 10 years later and Republicans are pushing to make contraception illegal and become the same Sharia Law they scared people about 10 years ago. 

I remember when he did that.  I still have family that believe it. “Cops won’t go in certain portions of the city”.