POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

3 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Last month Amazon went live on grocery delivery here. Saturday I ordered about $100 of groceries at noon and my order was delivered at 1:30pm

I actually like doing business with Amazon.  Most big companies get too big and their service eventually becomes terrible.  That hasn't happened yet with Amazon in my experience.  

5 minutes ago, pfife said:

Amazon has tried to get unto healthcare before unsuccessfully, as have other huge multi-nationals.   The record isn't so good.   It's not nearly as easy as they think.  

yeah, They are probably in over their heads with this one.  

11 minutes ago, oblong said:

Eventually Amazon will run out of employees to hire.  Their model is like insurance and financial planning.  Sucker someone in and bleed them for about 6 months then they leave.

I heard on the radio this morning they might be cutting soon, they apparently overhired during the panny and now are overstaphed.   Maybe that's why (and 1m+ people passing from the virus) are why we have a shortage.    

27 minutes ago, oblong said:

Eventually Amazon will run out of employees to hire.  Their model is like insurance and financial planning.  Sucker someone in and bleed them for about 6 months then they leave.

In my area they sub it out exaclty the same way as Fedex. You have big sub contractors who split the city up in grids. I got to walk through their 800,000 sq ft facility and there are only 20-30 people working. The rest is automated conveyours and robots running around.

I use them for small impulse purchases. Like today I noticed I was down to one bar of soap. I added a 12 pack to my cart. I also wanted som u shaped spikes to help secure an outdoor screen.  Added that too.  I have a stack of $25 credits from my employers health plan for being active so I paid $3 and they will come tomorrow.  I’ve used them to buy teabags.  My wife yells at me for it. But she will not get the right kind and I got a box of 500 of the English breakfast kind. She gets the shitty flavored ones. I’m home all day in the cold basement working so I go through 3 a day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

😁.   Yeah…. Yesterday, I ordered those things you need to open up jars…. I swear they used to be a bunch of them in this house, but I couldn’t find one the other day, my hand strength just ain’t what it used to be. Lol. It was very easy for me to get to the $25 limit to get free shipping, because I always need cat litter. 🐈‍⬛ …. And Love Grown power O’s (chocolate), because I can never remember to look for them in the store.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smr-nj said:

😁.   Yeah…. Yesterday, I ordered those things you need to open up jars…. I swear they used to be a bunch of them in this house, but I couldn’t find one the other day, my hand strength just ain’t what it used to be. Lol. It was very easy for me to get to the $25 limit to get free shipping, because I always need cat litter. 🐈‍⬛ …. And Love Grown power O’s (chocolate), because I can never remember to look for them in the store.

Don't ever order Amazon paper towel brand, total trash. Every time I would go to rip a sqaure or two off it NEVER ripped on the perforated edge. They are a total mess.

Edited by Tigeraholic1

26 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

DeSantis and Florida giving $450 child credit to help fight inflation.  Because nobody in Florida has ever taken an economics class I guess.

I am storing 5 gallons of gasoline in my garage to lend my neighbor in case his house catches on fire.

They are paying people in California to "fight inflation" too.  I am generally in favor of helping people when they need it, but giving money to help fight inflation will just make inflation worse.   

2 hours ago, oblong said:

Nothing epitomizes the modern conservative more than this.  "I want what I want and don't want you to have what you want"

and it's not only that sentiment - it's also, "Don't let this place that 'belongs to us' change into someplace where people that will make us uncomfortable will come to"

Edited by gehringer_2

48 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Still the very best follow on Twitter . . .

It's him and 3 Year Letterman that I think are the best.

3 Year has been trolling Boebert about Jeff Bridges being in Dances With Wolves and it's truly awesome