POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

25 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

This video is awesome. Even if you're a conservative and you disagree with it it's still awesome (need to have it on audio).

My only question is how is Hillary defeating Bernie Sanders by 3 million votes not allowing him to win? Seems like allowing the loser to win the election is how we got to the point of not having a functioning democracy. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

My only question is how is Hillary defeating Bernie Sanders by 3 million votes not allowing him to win? Seems like allowing the loser to win the election is how we got to the point of not having a functioning democracy. 

There were points I disagreed with too such as forgiving debt.  I just thought it was a funny video.  The clothes, the hair, the accent, ...

Edited by Tiger337

The Wisconsin Supreme Court barred absentee-ballot drop boxes outside election offices, handing a victory to conservatives who sought to roll back the option after many voters chose absentee voting during 2020 pandemic-era elections.

In a 4-3 ruling issued Friday, the court’s majority said that under state laws, an absentee ballot must be returned by mail or the voter must personally deliver it to the local election office.
👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

18 minutes ago, 1776 said:

…which makes it all the more idiotic and shortsighted to play politics with a suspension of the federal gas tax. 

We’ve deteriorated into an environment where nothing is free of some sort of political influence.    There’s no play politics anymore.   Everything is politics.  

37 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Another terrible idea is California giving money to people to fight inflation.  Is that really happening?  

I read an article on this a week or so back. California currently has a huge budget surplus. However, there has been no move toward legislating tax cuts in Sacramento for the states taxpayers. Rather than a tax cut, that would afford longer term relief, Newsome is going with the one-time check, advertised as being governments helping hand in the inflation challenge. I haven’t heard anything that suggests this plan has changed. A tax cut would be more beneficial.