Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

My biggest issue with them sending the tests out is the false negative rate of antigen tests.

For example, I talked to a friend who was feeling a bit under the weather before Christmas, fully vaxxed and boosted. Took a rapid antigen before flying up to visit family, negative. After landing, felt awful, got a PCR and was positive, quarantined and didn't expose family. N=1 anectdote, but I've spoken to many others whose antigen didn't detect their eventual covid.

I didn't test positive until my second rapid test.   I did have symptoms when I took the first test that showed up negative, next one day later showed positive.

16 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

MI vax rate is at 65.2% and it appears that no-one else is interested. The bounce in vaccinations  that began with the delta surge appears to have run its course.

image.thumb.png.859cbf38df781aefc56a4c6769bc3435.png

If we do reach a level of "normal" I wonder if vax rates will be a factor in drawing health care workers.  Will they look at covid cases in a particular area?  

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

MI vax rate is at 65.2% and it appears that no-one else is interested. The bounce in vaccinations  that began with the delta surge appears to have run its course.

image.thumb.png.859cbf38df781aefc56a4c6769bc3435.png

So many getting infected. Don't they recommend waiting a few months after infection to get boosted?

8 hours ago, Edman85 said:

So many getting infected. Don't they recommend waiting a few months after infection to get boosted?

No one knows how long to wait.  I posted before about this after trying to find a bunch of resources and found anywhere from 9 days to 90 days being recommended.  Apparently any research into this question could lead unvaccinated people into deciding not to get vaccinated as well.  So obviously it's not worth investigating.  

Meanwhile i'm on week 5 of my fully vaccinated wife being on 'sedation' levels of hydroxyzine, along with other medication because of her reaction to the covid booster and flu shot at the same time.  The doctors specifically stated that she may have had Covid just prior to the vaccinations which may have played a part into putting her immune system into overdrive.  

Edited by ewsieg

8 hours ago, ewsieg said:

No one knows how long to wait.  I posted before about this after trying to find a bunch of resources and found anywhere from 9 days to 90 days being recommended.  Apparently any research into this question could lead unvaccinated people into deciding not to get vaccinated as well.  So obviously it's not worth investigating.  

Meanwhile i'm on week 5 of my fully vaccinated wife being on 'sedation' levels of hydroxyzine, along with other medication because of her reaction to the covid booster and flu shot at the same time.  The doctors specifically stated that she may have had Covid just prior to the vaccinations which may have played a part into putting her immune system into overdrive.  

I had my booster and flu shot at the same time and had a rough couple of days. Most people I asked, at the time, never heard of any issues. 

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

I had my booster and flu shot at the same time and had a rough couple of days. Most people I asked, at the time, never heard of any issues. 

Her Docs say it's very rare and even than, a severe form of it is rarer yet.  My wife is just special like that, lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Her Docs say it's very rare and even than, a severe form of it is rarer yet.  My wife is just special like that, lol. 

That's a bummer. People hear stories like that and decide not to get vaccinated. I'm not sure what I would do if I had a pregnant wife or toddlers at home. TBH, I would worry about getting vaccinated. But then I would worry about not getting vaxxed. I guess I'm glad I'm old....for once...lol

the vaccine is like the flu shot.  people get reactions to the flu shot all the time.  its not usually a big deal.

however, as a parent, its concerning that the shots were put out so quickly, without the usual time frame and testing that would normally go into a vaccine for smaller children.

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

That's a bummer. People hear stories like that and decide not to get vaccinated. I'm not sure what I would do if I had a pregnant wife or toddlers at home. TBH, I would worry about getting vaccinated. But then I would worry about not getting vaxxed. I guess I'm glad I'm old....for once...lol

She unfortunately has other health concerns, so it's even more important for her to be vaxxed.  Going forward though, she won't be getting vaccinated for multiple things on the same day.  We'll just space them out and her doctors believe that will be fine.

My local school district which inlcudes about 30K students has had no mask mandate all school year. They have decided starting Monday they will not contact trace students anymore. Last year my daughter was Quarantined (Mask Mandate was in place 20-21 school year) 4 seperate times and missed about 6 weeks of in school time. They also are not requiring a negative test to return to school. If you have a fever you are suppose to stay home and can return after 24 hours of being fever free.

I think this is probably the right way to handle things going foward. COVID in some form or another is here to stay.

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Glad Indiana is over it. They are also vaccinated at a much lower rate than Virginia so it seems like Indiana should be masking more than Virginia. 

My point being everyone who wants to get vaxxed wear a mask can. I am 100% for getting vaxxed and if you feel comfortable wearing a mask thats great too.