Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

54 minutes ago, chasfh said:

lol this is going in the opposite direction of what I was saying so I don't know why you'd think I'd like this.

I was having fun and going way to far, much further than you proposed, but did so based on how you worded it.  Obviously you were talking about EC, but you worded it in a way that I could see people arguing against voting for a rep or senator from a district/state which always votes one way.

There are a number of folks out there that argue that Robin's one hit, blurred lines, is about blurring the lines of consent before sex.   Subtle meanings of written words is not my forte, but if that's true that mulleted piece of garbage should have left with Rudi instead of because of Rudi

Ken Jeong rules though as far as I know and sometimes reps Detroit

47 minutes ago, pfife said:

There are a number of folks out there that argue that Robin's one hit, blurred lines, is about blurring the lines of consent before sex.   Subtle meanings of written words is not my forte, but if that's true that mulleted piece of garbage should have left with Rudi instead of because of Rudi

Ken Jeong rules though as far as I know and sometimes reps Detroit

he also got sued over stealing it and had to pay Marvin Gaye's estate a few million.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Just heard an amusing thing on the very stodgy "Beg to Differ" podcast on The Bulwark page.  

There are no protestants on the Supreme Court

is that true?  I know the Federalist society favors that Jesuit school mindset. 

I believe Gorsuch was raised Catholic but is a now an Anglican.  

15 minutes ago, pfife said:

Lol butterflies?   No wonder no one comes here to defend the right.

I keep seeing the Masked Singer/Giuliani thing in my feed like its supposed to be an outraged that the judges walked out on "hisoner."   GD, this country is listening to two different streams of information.   I get Foxnews doing the bread and circus bs to throw some celebrity bullcrap to the peasantry.  Its so crazy to try to rehabilitate Rudy though. 

It reminded me of the thing one of the news outlets was doing when Ivanka met Trudeau one day back at the beginning of the the recent unpleasant administration.  They focused on her glam squad makeover before the meeting because when such a pretty lady meets such a handsome man "won't the sparks fly!"  

If the credulity of the Trump voters is going to be explained to an alien race 1000 years from now, that would be a good example.  

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

I keep seeing the Masked Singer/Giuliani thing in my feed like its supposed to be an outraged that the judges walked out on "hisoner."   GD, this country is listening to two different streams of information.   I get Foxnews doing the bread and circus bs to throw some celebrity bullcrap to the peasantry.  Its so crazy to try to rehabilitate Rudy though. 

Rudy Giuliani, who seeked to cancel millions of votes in across multiple states, being defended against 'cancel culture'.

Irony.