Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

33 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

LOL- I just came across this quote today by total random chance:

"The schools have no more important task than to teach rigorous thinking, cautious judgment, and consistent inference; therefore they should leave alone whatever is not suitable for these operations: religion, for example."  F. Nietzsche

🤔:classic_wink:

some penicillin would have done him wonders. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

LOL- I just came across this quote today by total random chance:

"The schools have no more important task than to teach rigorous thinking, cautious judgment, and consistent inference; therefore they should leave alone whatever is not suitable for these operations: religion, for example."  F. Nietzsche

🤔:classic_wink:

It doesn't matter if it's Nietzsche or not.

The statement is true.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

well, we can argue about the value of listening to nietzsche if you want to go down that road...

So I read a review recently to the effect that Nietzsche is supposedly the most mis-represented writer of his era, basically that his penchant for turning artful phrases resulted in his being quoted as supporting positions he was only describing. Anyway, having never read him in bulk I just amazoned a collection. I’ll let you know I if want to take up his case. 🥸

4 hours ago, romad1 said:

She was always a good looking woman.  Her daughter was not attractive at all.  The dumb and the politics would make it a non-starter.  

I know somebody who dated one of her sons in high school. I noticed that person unfriended on Facebook me at some point since I started ranting and raving about how fucking stupid everybody was being during COVID, so probably sees eye to eye with the Palins.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

some penicillin would have done him wonders. 

And having a sister who was nuttier  than he was (and was evil personified… and was his “caregiver”.. and his “mouthpiece” when he couldn’t even talk anymore) … sure didn’t help .

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

So I read a review recently to the effect that Nietzsche is supposedly the most mis-represented writer of his era, basically that his penchant for turning artful phrases resulted in his being quoted as supporting positions he was only describing. Anyway, having never read him in bulk I just amazoned a collection. I’ll let you know I if want to take up his case. 🥸

I would throw Karl Marx into this conversation if he meets the criteria.  Wikipedia tells me they lived in similar time.  

On 1/28/2022 at 11:52 AM, CMRivdogs said:

More leadership from the Va wing of the Know Nothing Party

Who the did independent voters in Virginia think they were voting for in Youngkin? How many times do people have to learn that you can't run government like a business and that private sector experience often times translates poorly into running a service-based, non-profit, public sector entity?