Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

It’s getting to the point that if he and his acolytes get elected and they overturn our democracy, it’ll be our own damn fault, because he’ll have spent years telling us they were going to do just that, and we will have not stopped them.

Exactly!  Now if only the dems (aka, our only hope) can take a look at history and realize whoever wins the center, wins the election.  

47 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

We were told to take him seriously not literally, right? What a crock. If he gets re-elected and has control of Congress, I fully expect him to amend the constitution to allow more than 2 terms. 

Could he do that without needing 38 states to ratify? Because I can think of at least 13 states (VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, DE, MD, IL, CA, OR, WA, HI) which would never, ever do that.

Or do you mean by extraconstitutional dictatorial means?

25 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Exactly!  Now if only the dems (aka, our only hope) can take a look at history and realize whoever wins the center, wins the election.  

Yes, of course. If only the Dems wouldn't veer too far to the left, then people in the center wouldn't be forced to vote for a fascist dictatorship.

Edited by VegasTiger
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VegasTiger said:

Yes, of course. If only the Dems wouldn't veer to far to the left, then people in the center wouldn't be forced to vote for a fascist dictatorship.

Most of the folks in the center don't actually pay that much to politics.  They don't like Trump, but they don't really trust dems a whole lot either.  They care about what is effecting them right now.  So if inflation is still an issue, or they are getting tired of getting out of work late and not being able to find a fast food restaurant that is still open like they used to be to grab some food because they just want to get home and eat, they may not care that all the intellectuals say a vote for Trump say it would lead to the end of the US as they know it.  Because to them, those are the same intellectuals telling them there is no inflation, the jobs market is the best ever, and the world is sunshine and roses if they just keep on voting in those dems.

44 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

If the dems are our only hope you might as well give up.  The dems are the greatest threat to the US.  

11 minutes ago, Archie said:

If the dems are our only hope you might as well give up.  The dems are the greatest threat to the US.  

Absolutely, definitely the greatest threat, I mean, after:

Trump

The backboneless GOP

Political instability due to class structures

Political instability due to racial division

Facebook / Social Media

Monopolies

Terrorism

China / Foreign countries

Drug Cartels

Weather

People that choose cats over dogs

Edited by ewsieg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

Absolutely, definitely the greatest threat, I mean, after:

Trump

The backboneless GOP

Political instability due to class structures

Political instability due to racial division

Facebook / Social Media

Monopolies

Terrorism

China / Foreign countries

Drug Cartels

Weather

People that choose cats over dogs

I can't do anything about spineless GOP.  I also think a lot of them are. They need backbone to stand up to the dems.

The rest of that list is the fault of the dems especially racial division, terrorism, problems with foriegn countries and drug cartels. Dems are up to their necks in it or make it worse.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, chasfh said:

Could he do that without needing 38 states to ratify? Because I can think of at least 13 states (VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, DE, MD, IL, CA, OR, WA, HI) which would never, ever do that.

Or do you mean by extraconstitutional dictatorial means?

no, he could not do that 

It doesn't seem like going after Trump is a smart move for the dems. 

After four years of failure from Biden/Harris the dems chance of winning reelection in 2024 is slim to none.  Their best chance of winning is against Trump.  So pushing him out of the race is the best thing for the Republican party.

15 hours ago, Archie said:

I can't do anything about spineless GOP.  I also think a lot of them are. They need backbone to stand up to the dems.

The rest of that list is the fault of the dems especially racial division, terrorism, problems with foriegn countries and drug cartels. Dems are up to their necks in it or make it worse.

Republicans caused all of it.

33 minutes ago, Archie said:

It doesn't seem like going after Trump is a smart move for the dems. 

After four years of failure from Biden/Harris the dems chance of winning reelection in 2024 is slim to none.  Their best chance of winning is against Trump.  So pushing him out of the race is the best thing for the Republican party.

"just the facts" such as a prediction of what will happen between now and 2024