Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

16 hours ago, oblong said:

I wonder what’s the deal with her use of “Miglia” as a Facebook alias? Setting aside that she’s flouting Facebook’s apparently squishy requirement that users use their real names, is she trying to co-opt something by Italianizing her identity? It’s a little weird but maybe there’s a good explanation.

14 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Vett? They were just looking for partners in crime

Meanwhile the Trump stooge nominated to watch the environment is still on the job despite his nomination being rejected by the state senate

I presume that Youngkin and his minions are embedded so deep in MAGA-world thinking, they honestly and truly had no idea that publicly rooting for open insurrection is anything but legitimate political discourse that is within the bounds of politesse and well-accepted within polite company. Even now they must surely be putting the blame on everyone outside their orbit as being cancel culture snowflakes, rather than re-evaluating their notions about what positions are publicly acceptable to take.

16 hours ago, oblong said:

Maybe that will be wake up independent voters that you can’t put lipstick on a pig. 

We had 4 years of Trump and too many Democrats stayed home and independents didn't like McAuliffe. The whole "I promise I'm not like Trump" thing that Youngkin scammed the voters on is off to a rocky start. Voters still fell for it though and that's their fault.

https://www.wjr.com/paulwsmith/

Governor Whitmer was on Paul W. Smith and I thought he was surprisingly strong in his stance against the blockade. I'm glad that Paul W. doesn't just take the MAGA line and call them all heroes. Whitmer certainly critical of the impact they are having on people and their inability to be able to do shit, like, work and see people, like family. I'm glad she's not trying to bothsidesit right now and taking a clear position. Nice that some right wing voice here locally is critical of this protest. Can't wait to see what, if any, MAGA take Nolan Finley is going to have. Maybe he'll surprise me too.

I thought I would stop by because I was curious if you guys supported the Freedom Truckers or not.  I don't know of any of my liberal friends who don't support them but I'm not surprised to see they have no support here.  They are demonstrating what a peaceful protest actually is.  I suppose that if antifa and blm were "protesting" by blowing up the Ambassador Bridge they would find support here.  

I find it funny that Whitmer is complaining about workers losing their jobs and business shutting down.  You didn't hear a peep from her or her comrades about business being destroyed, people losing not only their jobs but their livelihood because of the antifa and blm rioting throughout the country.  We need to replace this facist regime in the White House and the State of Michigan.

13 minutes ago, oblong said:

Remind me when blm and antifa shut down a major international border crossing for multiple days.  

It’s amazing that two groups founded on fighting Nazis, racists, and corrupt cops became the sworn enemies of the Trumpies.   Tells you all you really need to know.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I thought I would stop by because I was curious if you guys supported the Freedom Truckers or not.  I don't know of any of my liberal friends who don't support them but I'm not surprised to see they have no support here.  They are demonstrating what a peaceful protest actually is.  I suppose that if antifa and blm were "protesting" by blowing up the Ambassador Bridge they would find support here.  

I find it funny that Whitmer is complaining about workers losing their jobs and business shutting down.  You didn't hear a peep from her or her comrades about business being destroyed, people losing not only their jobs but their livelihood because of the antifa and blm rioting throughout the country.  We need to replace this facist regime in the White House and the State of Michigan.

I am glad that they are mostly peaceful.  I support people who peacefully protest something that they strongly believe in even if I think they are choosing the wrong battle.  I don't support them clogging up major roads for days and days.  

I supported BLM protests.  I didn't support violent extremists hijacking their protests looting and destroying property.  

There is no fascist regime in the White House.  That is silly.