Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

15 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

These guys are total assholes who in no way represent the vast majority of truck drivers.

One thing I haven’t gotten is how they still have these jobs. Aren’t their trucks made for transporting stuff? They are using company resources and not getting their jobs done. If I went down to city hall to protest while holding my laptop in front of a door for days on end, I’d have been fired. 

8 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

One thing I haven’t gotten is how they still have these jobs. Aren’t their trucks made for transporting stuff? They are using company resources and not getting their jobs done. If I went down to city hall to protest while holding my laptop in front of a door for days on end, I’d have been fired. 

I suppose they could be independent contractors. I would love to see counter protestors loot their trucks. 

10 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

"Nobody wants to work"

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Some could also be seasonal drivers who aren't currently working because of the winter season?

14 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

That (and what MB mentioned) makes sense. If they were collecting some type of unemployment/government assistance during this time, it would make for some fun irony. 

Definitely.

Either way, it seems yet another case of a loud but otherwise small minority of the population commanding way more media attention than it should. I suppose it was a phenomena before COVID, but it feels like its gotten worse.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I suppose they could be independent contractors.

most likely this. Many truckers own their own rig and are independent operators. That still leaves the question of whose trailers they are pulling - though the lease charges on trailers are not very high and any operator would have connection to pick one up if it was worth it to him/her.