4/19 6:40 Yankees @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

Thinking back on the play in the 1st. I don't blame Tyler, he's a pitcher - he was waiting for someone to take it. The problem was Barnhart couldn't find it and Torkelson didn't get there to take over. Granted he might have ended up in the way if someone else had gotten there, but he might have moved if someone had come at him.

And the tigers fail to turn another poorly struck ball into an out....

And Barnhart bounces the throw to 2nd.

This team is not playing like a team that's going to win anything.

Edited by gehringer_2

3 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Dont care how good Barnhart is behind the plate, his bad isnt good enough to justify him getting the most starts.  I'd rather see a mix if Haase and Garnuea getting the split, at least they both seem to have major league AB's when I watch them.

It would suck for Garneau to lose his job when the roster cuts come if Barnhart is still this bad at the plate. That's all I gotta say

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It would suck for Garneau to lose his job when the roster cuts come if Barnhart is still this bad at the plate. That's all I gotta say

Yep, and seriously, every AB approach I've seen Garneau get this year, looks tons better than any Barnhart has had this season. I liked the signing, but so far, no way is he better than Haase or Garn.

Edited by Dtrain72

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

you'd be a fool to bet that Garneau was going to have a better season than Barnhart, if you hadn't been watching Tucker play so far that is.

🙄

3 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

We all knew that Barnhart was a black hole at the plate.

Did we know a lifetime 247 hitter would be black hole? That was the 11th best catcher BA (350PA)  in the majors last year. I wasn't expecting much from a D first catcher, but I didn't expect a start like this! 

4 minutes ago, casimir said:

The modern day hitter.  Gallo has only one opposing IF actually on the IF.  Can't figure out a way to dribble one towards 3B for a safety.  No reason to ban the shift when hitters do this to themselves.

Yeah - It's  gonna irritate me when they change the rules to protect guys that only want to hit that way.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

We all knew that Barnhart was a black hole at the plate.....I was kinda surprised by the love that he got from some folks.  I have no problem with him being replaced.

He usually has an OPS of around .700.  That is about average for a catcher.  

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Is AJ not a man? 

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, to "man up" is to "demonstrate toughness or courage when faced with a difficult situation"...ie, having the guts to sit some guys that are "shitting their pants" at the plate, I can define the metaphor of "shitting their pants" as well if need be.