NFL Draft Night - As It Happens.

18 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

LOL at the dude from the Houston Chronicle giving his own team an A. The Texans reached on a Guard in the 1st round in Kenyon Green and drafted what could be the 2nd or 3rd best Corner, who had 1 productive season 2 years ago in Stingley Jr., when they had needs at literally every position on the field. Were I Nick Cesario and the Texans GM I would have picked Ikem Ekwonu or Kayvon Thibodeaux at #3 and then one of Treylon Burks or Trent McDuffie at #15 after the trade back. What do I really know though.

I don't know why I didn't think of this before but with us trading up for Williams it basically nullified the fact the Rams won the SB and we got the 32nd pick in turn.

I mean even if that pick was say 20th we still wouldve had to pony up  atleast the 34th pick to move up to 12th. I guess the only difference is that maybe we couldve gotten away with trading our comp pick instead of our own 3rd rounder but that isn't that big of deal. 

So the NFL was angry at the Lions for the speed at which they made their #2 pick and wanted them to milk the clock for the full 10. 

Um, you bastards at the NFL control the draft.  Nobody said you had to tell everyone the Lions already picked.  Why couldn't you just delay telling everyone?   

A stupid thing to be angry about, but I'm thinking in a couple close games this season there is going to be close calls that don't go the Lions way.............just a hunch there. 

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

So the NFL was angry at the Lions for the speed at which they made their #2 pick and wanted them to milk the clock for the full 10. 

Um, you bastards at the NFL control the draft.  Nobody said you had to tell everyone the Lions already picked.  Why couldn't you just delay telling everyone?   

A stupid thing to be angry about, but I'm thinking in a couple close games this season there is going to be close calls that don't go the Lions way.............just a hunch there. 

I'm guessing the issue is the pick got leaked on Twitter so they really couldn't milk it that much longer. 

he's a lot like nakobe dean. people were concerned about nakobe dean being too small to play in the nfl without being injured, well, rodriguez is the same height and weight as dean.  theyre both small and fast.

hopefully he can put some weight on and be a player in a couple years.  he profiles out a lot like JRM.  that's not a bad outcome for a 5th round pick if we get that out of him.

Listening to the radio today and they brought up a sound byte from one of our games at the end of the season that Aquib Talib was calling.

To paraphrase Talib goes "If Im the Lions Im rolling with Goff and building up the rest of the team, go get Hutchinson in the draft then trade up for a receiver, preferably Jameson Williams from Alabama"

So is Talib Nostradamus or is he secretly part of Holmes staff?

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I think the NFL is going to go to more of these hybrid LB/S. This may be a sleeper pick. At the very least, should be a good special team's contributer. 

Yeah, there isn’t a lot of traditional 4-3 or 3-4 being played. A lot of teams have fewer linebackers playing fewer downs. I’m OK that they waited to pick up their LB and picked up a versatile DL in Paschal instead. 

Mcshay put out his way too early 2023 mock and he has us taking Bryce Young and with the Rams pick Tony Grimes CB out of UNC.  He used the reverse order of SB odds so we picked 2nd which barring any luck won't happen again this year.

Even so he had 5 qbs going in the top 10 all of which he said are better than anybody this year so assuming the guys stock don't drop theres a good chance we can get a qb next draft if we choose to go that route. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

15 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The 49ers are fortunate that they already built such a solid team cause they gave up a bounty for Lance, normally that is the type of move that could cripple a franchise for atleast a few years if it doesn't work out. 

This is why you build a solid team before going all in for a QB. 

Also, I have a hard time believing that the Lions will pick second again. Say what you will about Walter Football, but I think he’s closer to what will occur in putting Detroit 5 behind Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, and Jacksonville.

Also, Carolina’s QB situation is a disaster. The Giants are a coin toss with Daniel Jones and a new staff. Who is going to throw passes for Seattle? Washington is a three-headed monster but Ron Rivera will keep them from total meltdown. I could see one or more of these teams dropping below Detroit, who I figure will pick in the 5-8 range.