5/4 @ TBD Pirates @ Tigers Game #2

Tigeraholic1

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

I hope Jimenez is now officially the designated "only pitch in out of reach losses" pitcher.

I dont get the love affair... he can have the best stuff in the world, but it doesn't matter if he doesn't throw strikes.

Just now, mtutiger said:

I dont get the love affair... he can have the best stuff in the world, but it doesn't matter if he doesn't throw strikes.

I thought it was pretty comical that Jack was just talking about Joe "needing his changeup" when he can't even throw the FB for a strike.

10 minutes ago, buddha said:

how did faedo look?  the box score and gamecast makes it sound like he got lucky not to give up more runs.

Worked in and out of trouble, location on slider seemed off, did throw a lot of strike tho.

Reminds me a lot of Beau Brieske's first start, although with more hits allowed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Worked in and out of trouble, location on slider seemed off, did throw a lot of strike tho.

Reminds me a lot of Beau Brieske's first start, although with more hits allowed.

I could be wrong but I thought the report in FLA was that his FB was at 95. He didn't hit that today.

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

I dont get the love affair... 

I think it's because when all the stars align for him, he does have a killer swing and miss FB. But it's like waiting to draw to an inside straight. Lose too many times waiting for it to hit.

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, casimir said:

Adam Everett?  You couldn’t find a pitcher?

There probably is some pitchers, I was just curious to see how we stacked up to crappy offensive players and poor Adam was one of the first that came to mind and sure enough he indeed did have a higher OPS than us.

I will say though that offensive conditions are obviously much lower this year, particularly in the places we've played  vs. Adam's time cause our OPS+ isn't THAT bad, it's a 91 where I think his was in the mid 60s.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

how did faedo look?  the box score and gamecast makes it sound like he got lucky not to give up more runs.

I thought he was really good at hitting the edge of the strike zone and that's why the hits were singles instead of extra bases.  He wasn't trying to get fancy and strike people out, he was just hitting his spots.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

There probably is some pitchers, I was just curious to see how we stacked up to crappy offensive players and poor Adam was one of the first that came to mind and sure enough he indeed did have a higher OPS than us.

I will say though that offensive conditions are obviously much lower this year, particularly in the places we've played  vs. Adam's time cause our OPS+ isn't THAT bad, it's a 91 where I think his was in the mid 60s.

I'm honestly surprised that for as awful as they've been hitting the long ball, they aren't much further behind the rest of the league in homers 

43 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think it's because when all the stars align for him, he does have a killer swing and miss FB. But it's like waiting to draw to an inside straight. Lose too many times waiting for it to hit.

And he walks guys too often.

Honestly, outside of Hutchison, he's the guy in the pen I trust the least... he shouldn't feel as inevitable as he does.

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Yes, I think his fastball makes a really loud noise when it hits the catcher's mitt and pitching coaches say "I can fix him".