5/13 7:10 O's @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

Soto and Fulmer both need to ride the pine for a bit...let other guys who arent shit-ballers have a shot at some of these roles.  But, we all know how managers "have" to follow their formula...Soto and Fulmer will get too many chances to shit their pants at crucial moments, because "basebawwwll" things...

3 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Soto and Fulmer both need to ride the pine for a bit...let other guys who arent shit-ballers have a shot at some of these roles.  But, we all know how managers "have" to follow their formula...Soto and Fulmer will get too many chances to shit their pants at crucial moments, because "basebawwwll" things...

I think Fulmer is mostly rusty but I don't know how you work relievers back into form when your team never gets a comfortable lead. Soto is over throwing everything - just dumb because he has great stuff. Maybe need to turn off the radar gun when he pitches.

Edited by gehringer_2

47 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Why just a breather?  Remove him from the role permanently.  Too many walks.  

again, how do explain Hinch's thought process when you have 14 pitchers on the staff and you keep using a guy north of 7 BB/9IP to close?  I'm really getting tired of the hope over reality approach to things this team seems locked into. And I suppose because Wiili had a hit tonight the terrible route he took on his one chance in the field will be conveniently ignored as well.

And just a side note, it will never show up in his stat analysis because Baez managed to come out and make the play for him.

Edited by gehringer_2

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think Fulmer is mostly rusty but I don't know how you work relievers back into form when your team never gets a comfortable lead. Soto is over throwing everything - just dumb because he has great stuff. 

Soto has such electric stuff, but he can be ugly if he cannot exhibit control.

Edited by mtutiger