The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

enjoins the Justice Dept from reviewing the seized materials for investigative purposes pending completion of the special master review

Ridiculous windmill tilt since they've all already been reviewed.

it would be nice to have a legal system in the US that at least still pretends to be attached to reality.

Edited by gehringer_2

16 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

She's a putz

14 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Ridiculous windmill tilt since they've all already been reviewed.

it would be nice to have a legal system in the US that at least still pretends to be attached to reality.

Which makes her much much worse than a putz.

Did Trump pay her off somehow, or threaten her life?

That's the first question I ask.

59 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Trump sure got his money's worth out of appointing this LILF.

image.thumb.png.f031cda99c73229e08f79bca08a34a6f.png

BOUGHT and F'ing PAID FOR by Trump.

EXACTLY what he wanted. A corrupted judiciary specifically loyal to HIM. 

Democracy in the U.S. is DEAD and replaced by Trump-centric kleptocracy.

Now, if he can only figure out how top force his way back to President (Dictator-for-Life...).

The decision sucks but one thing I did think was a bit suspect was the notion that a special master wasn't needed because the DOJ reviewed already.   Isn't the point of special master that a neutral 3rd party should review?

I recall this from.... maybe the Mueller investigation (?) and their review process went surprisingly quickly. 

2 hours ago, pfife said:

The decision sucks but one thing I did think was a bit suspect was the notion that a special master wasn't needed because the DOJ reviewed already.   Isn't the point of special master that a neutral 3rd party should review?

I recall this from.... maybe the Mueller investigation (?) and their review process went surprisingly quickly. 

I think the bigger issue with the Special master review is that it's fundamentally irrelevant to the likely charges to be filed; at it's base it's just another delaying tactic. Of course if DOJ would go ahead and file some charges that might all get a lot clearer.

11 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think the bigger issue with the Special master review is that it's fundamentally irrelevant to the likely charges to be filed; at it's base it's just another delaying tactic. Of course if DOJ would go ahead and file some charges that might all get a lot clearer.

It's purely a nonsensical delay tactic by Trump's legal team. They know their guy is fucked and appointing a Special Master just delays, but does not end, the DOJs investigation and (potential) criminal charges by the DOJ. The Special Master does not change anything in the facts of the case and will not get him off the hook on a thing.

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

It's purely a nonsensical delay tactic by Trump's legal team. They know their guy is fucked and appointing a Special Master just delays, but does not end, the DOJs investigation and (potential) criminal charges by the DOJ. The Special Master does not change anything in the facts of the case and will not get him off the hook on a thing.

Delay and disrupt. 

the judge wants to appoint someone to review the material to separate out the personal/privilege stuff from the items that belongs to the government.  Which is silly because it's already been done!

From what I have read the judge basically did the work of the attorneys.  Meaning.... they didn't ask for things, didn't clarify things, etc. but the judge just ruled as if they did.  Like a teacher filling in test answers or grading an essay not written.

Just now, oblong said:

the judge wants to appoint someone to review the material to separate out the personal/privilege stuff from the items that belongs to the government.  Which is silly because it's already been done!

From what I have read the judge basically did the work of the attorneys.  Meaning.... they didn't ask for things, didn't clarify things, etc. but the judge just ruled as if they did.  Like a teacher filling in test answers or grading an essay not written.

Because if you control the judges having a lawyer plead your case is an unnecessary step. 

1 hour ago, oblong said:

The SCOTUS did away with most 'incompetent counsel' appeal grounds so a MAGA judge has little choice if she wants to avoid a ruling against the Orange Menace that he can't appeal.