The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

10 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

Trump lawyers respond, admitting he is, in fact, guilty

Trump and his MAGA cabal are focused on the classification level of the documents, either believing or trying to bullshit us into believing that is what the entire case turns on.

It’s not.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Trump and his MAGA cabal are focused on the classification level of the documents, either believing or trying to bullshit us into believing that is what the entire case turns on.

It’s not.

correct. Just a misdirection, and one the Judge sounds like she may be betting sucked in by. 

Every morning on Fox 2 News, which I watch when I work from home, they do a quick round up from Doug Luzader, who seems like a nice enough guy.  But always in that summary they get the legal take from Jonathon Turley.  So here you have the gentle local morning show that keeps things light and fluffy, and that's good because that's what sells in the morning, then all their viewers here such absurd twisted takes.   This is how the media fails our nation.  Idiocy and extremism needs to be called out for what it is.  Both sides of an issue are not equally valid.  I bet most of Fox 2 viewers don't read twitter, don't follow things like we do.  So they see Turley and think "Hmm..... interesting".  ANd that frames their legal outlook on this case so that when they are in the barber shop or some other casual gathering they'll pipe up "Well I heard the FBI just propped that stuff up.... so who knows..."

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, oblong said:

Every morning on Fox 2 News, which I watch when I work from home, they do a quick round up from Doug Luzader, who seems like a nice enough guy.  But always in that summary they get the legal take from Jonathon Turley.  So here you have the gentle local morning show that keeps things light and fluffy, and that's good because that's what sells in the morning, then all their viewers here such absurd twisted takes.   This is how the media fails our nation.  Idiocy and extremism needs to be called out for what it is.  Both sides of an issue are not equally valid.  I bet most of Fox 2 viewers don't read twitter, don't follow things like we do.  So they see Turley and think "Hmm..... interesting".  ANd that frames their legal outlook on this case so that when they are in the barber shop or some other casual gathering they'll pipe up "Well I heard the FBI just propped that stuff up.... so who knows..."

is Fox2 one of the Sinclair stations? 

1 minute ago, RatkoVarda said:

his attorneys aren't going to go anywhere near this losing argument

These guys say one thing on twitter and on TV but other things in the court.  His rubes see the former but not the latter.  The judges and courts can only rule on the latter.  When they come down then his rubes only know of the former.

3 minutes ago, oblong said:

These guys say one thing on twitter and on TV but other things in the court.  His rubes see the former but not the latter.  The judges and courts can only rule on the latter.  When they come down then his rubes only know of the former.

Yep, just like how his lawyers were not able to prove any voter fraud. They don’t pay any attention to that - only the lies that come out of his. 

6 minutes ago, oblong said:

I think we have learned that MAGA does not care about the substance of his argument (his defenses can be lies, illogical or facially inconsistent). All they really care about is: is he attacking Americans who I don't like? That's all that matters.

21 minutes ago, oblong said:

and then they say stuff like "the courts never heard the evidence" when they lose in court.   It's just a big shell game.

To be fair, the FBI has done it to a lot of people and has a disgraceful record of harassing people. J. Edgar Hoover was a lawbreaking piece of shit for what he did to Dr. King and countless others. Trump is also a lawbreaking piece of shit. But we shouldn't lose sight of the terrible track record of the FBI just because of Trump's criminality.