The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

On 4/1/2023 at 3:36 PM, Tiger337 said:

That's not unimaginable at all.  It has a very good chance of happening.    

There is nothing unimaginable anymore.    If he got re-elected, it would be nothing but revenge and he'd make sure that he stayed in power until he died.   He'd have thousands of people arrested.  He'd start actin exactly like Putin,  probably on Putin's orders.  

12 hours ago, pfife said:

34 felonies?

They’re not going to give him or the red hats the perverse maso satisfaction of an aggressive perp walk.

But yeah, this makes sense. He’s not going to physically run away so they don’t need to cuff him. He’s one of the most recognizable men in the world so they don’t need a mug shot. As for flight risk, we joke about him fleeing to Russia, but that would be off brand for anyone who is adored by a hundred million people, believes they are Teflon, and for whom historically everything has always come up roses for him. Besides, we definitely don’t want to Mein Kampf the guy.

If he decided to go to Russia and hide forever, the logistics with the secret service would foul that up I assume.  They need to to scout the area before hand.  They'd probably tell him he can't go not just for the "fleeing" aspect but b/c of the war going on.  I don't know the precedent for a former President butting heads with the Secret Service on travel wishes.

If he stayed there then I assume the protective detail would be called home and he's on his own.

I gotta ask. What did she expect?  What did you expect?  

What ….. are people supposed to turn a blind eye to someone who comes from another state to be a rabble-rouser, and let’s just admit that’s what she was there for.  She would’ve spewed her hateful, diatribe, and some people there did not want to hear this BS. So, they gave her an earful.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

I gotta ask. What did she expect?  What did you expect?  

What ….. are people supposed to turn a blind eye to someone who comes from another state to be a rabble-rouser, and let’s just admit that’s what she was there for.  She would’ve spewed her hateful, diatribe, and some people there did not want to hear this BS. So, they gave her an earful.

Some people are so lost in their echo chamber that it shocks them when it is not what it appears. There are people who honestly believe that New York has done away with criminal prosecutions. They think Porland Oregon is a smoking crater, and I honest to God know someone who thinks in Minnesota you are allowed to kill one person. 

• Like 2