5/20 7:10 Tigers @ Guardians

Tigeraholic1

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Hardly matters, one good pitcher in a rotation is better than none, but the rotation is in such a hole right now that even with Skubal the % of good starts they have had so far is not sustainable.

I mean, that's fair, I just don't know that we'll have just Faedo and Brieske and TBD for the next month. Maybe for the next week or two.

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

I mean, that's fair, I just don't know that we'll have just Faedo and Brieske and TBD for the next month. Maybe for the next week or two.

If we get Manning - If Manning is sharp - If Faedo surprises us all, then you have reached.....treading water status.  Just very hard to be very optimistic. You need a guy like Peralta to come up big but there's no sign they have even decided to start him yet.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

If we get Manning - If Manning is sharp - If Faedo surprises us all, then you have reached.....treading water status.  Just very hard to be very optimistic. You need a guy like Peralta to come up big but there's no sign they have even decided to start him yet.

We could also have Skubal tho.

I get that pretty much everything that can go wrong has gone wrong this season... but I would rather wait to hear what happened to Skubal before assuming he's out of the lineup for the next month

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I get that pretty much everything that can go wrong has gone wrong this season... but I would rather wait to hear what happened to Skubal before assuming he's out of the lineup for the next month

Lee said Ramirez took one off his shin yesterday and there he is.

Meanwhile, Tork is starting to hit a high percentage of balls hard. One ray of sunshine.

Edited by gehringer_2

11 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I am cautious about any injury to a pitcher, but I'd be surprised if Skubal has more than bruise.  

6 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I am cautious about any injury to a pitcher, but I'd be surprised if Skubal has more than bruise.  

LOL - McCosky already has a story up at Detnews.com that tells us ...exactly nothing.

LOLOL - Not to be outdone, Evan Petzold also with a story up at the Freep. That ....you guessed it....tells us exactly nothing.

The "sports *reporter*" species has become extinct without ever even getting on the endangered species list.

Edited by gehringer_2

17 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Are there any players Coolbaugh can point to as accomplishments so far?

I mean, a cook can only do so much with rotten meat.

There are a minimum of 4 or 5 starting players on this team that wouldn't even probably make the roster of 2/3s of the teams in MLB.

Edited by gkelly

Why would he resign?  There are zero consequences for anything that the guy does.  I am sure some coach will get the ax instead of the guy who constructed the roster.  The lineup tonight, other than Barnhardt (mostly for his defense) and Baez (even though he is dreadful) would be about the only guys who would start for even 5 of the other teams in MLB.  

9 minutes ago, buddha said:

avila should resign.  its his team and its sucked every year he's been gm.

Why would Avila take responsibility for the major league team? The future is somewhere in the minor leages...you can see it right?