5/20 7:10 Tigers @ Guardians

Tigeraholic1

54 minutes ago, buddha said:

avila should resign.  its his team and its sucked every year he's been gm.

Amen.  This team is his Opus Magnum after 5 years of tanking, and they are going to have to be awesome to reach 500 for the year.

Avila had his best offseason and hes still a joke.

1 hour ago, sabretooth said:

Amen.  This team is his Opus Magnum after 5 years of tanking, and they are going to have to be awesome to reach 500 for the year.

Avila had his best offseason and hes still a joke.

So signing a bunch of free agents doesn't automatically make you better, competitive or more enjoyable to watch?

Huh who would have thunk it?

Oh wait

3 hours ago, gkelly said:

I know everyone likes to be hopeful, but did you really think the Tigers were going to be anything better than a 70 win team?

I did. I thought .500 was in reach and they would be in playoff "contention" most of the summer. But I am a Fan not a scout. 

9 hours ago, KL2 said:

So signing a bunch of free agents doesn't automatically make you better, competitive or more enjoyable to watch?

Huh who would have thunk it?

Oh wait

So tanking for 4+ years doesn't automatically make you a championship team?

Huh

Oh wait....nobody actually ever argued what you said above.

Edited by sabretooth

2 hours ago, sabretooth said:

So tanking for 4+ years doesn't automatically make you a championship team?

Huh

Oh wait....nobody actually ever argued what you said above.

They needed to sign free agents because the guy in charge since 2015 can't produce viable position players unless he drafts 1st overall

Edited by Motor City Sonics

15 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

LOL - McCosky already has a story up at Detnews.com that tells us ...exactly nothing.

LOLOL - Not to be outdone, Evan Petzold also with a story up at the Freep. That ....you guessed it....tells us exactly nothing.

The "sports *reporter*" species has become extinct without ever even getting on the endangered species list.

Not surprising, seeing as they both get all their information from the same sources. 

11 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

Burn announcers instead. Start with Jack but no need to stop there...

You got it all backwards. With the team threatening to lose 100 games again, they need Jack Morris in the booth, and they need Kirk Gibson in the booth. Anything to take the focus off the current team and put it on the 1984 glory days instead.

Remember when …

• Like 1

We all know that Al Avila will never resign.

And most of us also know that as long as Baby Doc Ilitch is in control of the team, he is never going to fire Avila. It’s a loyalty thing. Like they say in Goodfellas, it’s among the insiders, the front office lifers. It’s real greaseball shit. 

Edited by chasfh

17 minutes ago, chasfh said:

We all know that Al Avila will never resign.

And most of us also know that as long as Baby Doc Ilitch is in control of the team, he is never going to fire Avila. It’s a loyalty thing. Like they say in Goodfellas, it’s among the insiders, the front office lifers. It’s real greaseball shit. 

I can imagine it now..............Al calls Chris from a phone booth outside the Air Line Diner to ask how the contract talks with AJ Hinch went and 

"Ah, we had a problem............and we tried everything we could" 

"Whaddaya mean?"

"You know what I mean, he's gone"

"Wait"

"He's gone and there wasn't nothin' we could do about it, he's gone.........that's that"