5/29 1:10 Guardians @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

24 minutes ago, kdog said:

Harold batting 3rd...in an mlb lineup.

This is what they’ve backed themselves into by poor roster construction and management.  Cabrera is day-to-day, they have only 12 position players, they have little to none quality versatility among those 12, and they’ve got a doubleheader tomorrow.  So essentially they’ve got a bench of Barnhart and Candelario today.

They have the extra player that they can call up tomorrow, and it’ll probably be another pitcher.  I don’t want to wish bad things upon the team or players, but I really hope they goes stuck putting a pitcher out onto the field at some point over the next two days just because they need that result shoved in their faces.

8 minutes ago, casimir said:

This is what they’ve backed themselves into by poor roster construction and management.  Cabrera is day-to-day, they have only 12 position players, they have little to none quality versatility among those 12, and they’ve got a doubleheader tomorrow.  So essentially they’ve got a bench of Barnhart and Candelario today.

They have the extra player that they can call up tomorrow, and it’ll probably be another pitcher.  I don’t want to wish bad things upon the team or players, but I really hope they goes stuck putting a pitcher out onto the field at some point over the next two days just because they need that result shoved in their faces.

I don't get this fixation on having a BP deeper than the Laurentian Abyss.  They have three core starters who all giving them consistent 5-7 inning starts and the backend is underused because they never have a lead. It's like the more they lose the more Hinch has to comfort himself with secondary managerial options that aren't making any difference anyway -since they don't help the hitting - which is 99 44/100% of the problem.

14 minutes ago, casimir said:

I would be more than good with that.  Got to put as much heat on Avila as possible.  

27 minutes ago, Dave Christian said:

I just don't get having Baez batting cleanup.

He is at the plate flailing away.

He doesn't even look like he's trying to hit the ball🤔

He's like that every year.  It usually translates into a very low on base percentage with 30 homers and a .500 slugging average by the end of the season.  Who knows with this year's team?  

1 minute ago, Archie said:

Is Hinch making these roster decision or is Al the one that wants all the pitchers?  The team management this year is almost as bad as Ausmus.  Hinch is trashing all the goodwill he earned last year with the fans.

I am sure Avila has final say on roster moves with input from Hinch.

1 hour ago, BBFCFM said:

I am sure Avila has final say on roster moves with input from Hinch.

I would think a manager gets pretty much who he wants most of the time. I would guess most GMs are only going to push back when it becomes an organizational issue where someone is out of options and would have to be released, or the GM/org specifically wants a young player to stay in the minors longer.