The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

there is a boomerang looming back to more traditional beer.  The craft beer craze got out of hand.  Just because you can doesn't mean you should.  It's b/c the craft demand was driven by the pokemon generation.  The chase was the fun.  I got that analogy from an article a few years ago.  They talked to a brewer who sent a barrel to a restaurant and when he called back the guy said "Yeah they loved it!"  When he asked if they wanted another he said "No, my customers don't want the same thing twice".  Craft brewers were caught in a war where everything had to be new and different and when everything is different then it's all the same.  Find a formula, do it well, and repeat it.  I don't need hazelnut cinnamon bourbon barreled stouts with a touch of basil.  Just give me a good stout.  It became about the labels and beer name.  Not what's inside.

Sweeping the wackos out is the biggest key for me in this cycle.   Post 2024, I am excited for sweeping out the geriatric set of 70 and above Washington lifers on both sides.   Politicians in their late 60’s need to be thinking about a plan for retirement instead of 3 or 4 more terms.  

3 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Sweeping the wackos out is the biggest key for me in this cycle.   Post 2024, I am excited for sweeping out the geriatric set of 70 and above Washington lifers on both sides.   Politicians in their late 60’s need to be thinking about a plan for retirement instead of 3 or 4 more terms.  

Why? Biden has been the most successful and most liberal president since Lyndon Johnson. 

1 hour ago, oblong said:

there is a boomerang looming back to more traditional beer.  The craft beer craze got out of hand.  Just because you can doesn't mean you should.  It's b/c the craft demand was driven by the pokemon generation.  The chase was the fun.  I got that analogy from an article a few years ago.  They talked to a brewer who sent a barrel to a restaurant and when he called back the guy said "Yeah they loved it!"  When he asked if they wanted another he said "No, my customers don't want the same thing twice".  Craft brewers were caught in a war where everything had to be new and different and when everything is different then it's all the same.  Find a formula, do it well, and repeat it.  I don't need hazelnut cinnamon bourbon barreled stouts with a touch of basil.  Just give me a good stout.  It became about the labels and beer name.  Not what's inside.

So the sun is setting on the IPA craze?

Good. It is way, way past time for that.

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

So the sun is setting on the IPA craze?

Good. It is way, way past time for that.

There is a tic in Anglo Saxon middle class behavior that demands intricate hobbies.  Its the eccentricity of the English middle class that manifests itself in trainspotting and bird watching in previous generations. 

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

There is a tic in Anglo Saxon middle class behavior that demands intricate hobbies.  Its the eccentricity of the English middle class that manifests itself in trainspotting and bird watching in previous generations. 

This is a seriously spot on observation Romad. I've often thought that there no form of hobby or recreation that Americans can't ruin once they 'discover' it.

23 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

This is a seriously spot on observation Romad. I've often thought that there no form of hobby or recreation that Americans can't ruin once they 'discover' it.

Obviously, the "Anglo Saxon" behavior can be adapted by others.   There is a fantastic rant by David Mitchell about how English interest in fine dining is all part of this "Anorak behavior"

"we've just given the trainspotting element in our society another set of trains to spot"

Edited by romad1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Both of them, right?

And add in MTG for good measure please...

MTG was always a vile, self-entitled nutjob who thinks having money means God decided she is right.

Stefanik has shifted herself to take over the leadership job from Liz Cheney into whatever the vile MTG faction wants her to think and do. 

She violated the first rule of teenage self-improvement movies.  She was not true to herself.

Edited by romad1