The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

Its good to know that the core beliefs I hold:

• Collective security
  • Free trade
  • The Rule of Law

are basically Bidenism.  I'm good with my choice of him over Trump.  I would have taken a GOP choice who also held those views.  I don't know if that many Democrats are actually adherents of those views.

I used to be appalled when Foxnews would trumpet up some freakshow candidate like Herman Caine or Sarah Palin.  It turns out that the freakshow gets ratings.  People like simple solutions and celebrity.   To quote Super Hans

this goes to the Val Demmings poll number today.  A friend posted this earlier on a different feed:

“was watching a video about upcoming SLS launch and guy said that back-up launch date was 2 September in case of an abort, "if that's still allowed in Florida"

54 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I still hold that i will not vote for any GOP candidate who does not repudiate Trump

This is still too close to "I will vote for a Republican" for my tastes.

The entire Republican Party is Verboten until they completely denounce white trash racism, their anti-abortion/ anti-life stance, denounce the fascist movements they have fomented, all of their many lies, Trump, etc., etc., etc., etc. I could make a very long list. Now it's attempts to overthrow our voters/ voting system to install a Republican Fascist Dictatorship.

Which means it will never happen. Like a cold day in hell... So they are completely verboten. I will not consider a Republican who denounces Trump. I will not consider Republican at all. I've voted Republican, but the last time was 18 years ago, and none since. They no longer exist as an American political party to me.

They are Fascists and Liars and Hate-Mongers so I refute that party entirely. What a shame. On them.

20 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

This is still too close to "I will vote for a Republican" for my tastes.

The entire Republican Party is Verboten until they completely denounce white trash racism, their anti-abortion/ anti-life stance, denounce the fascist movements they have fomented, all of their many lies, Trump, etc., etc., etc., etc. I could make a very long list. Now it's attempts to overthrow our voters/ voting system to install a Republican Fascist Dictatorship.

Which means it will never happen. Like a cold day in hell... So they are completely verboten. I will not consider a Republican who denounces Trump. I will not consider Republican at all. I've voted Republican, but the last time was 18 years ago, and none since. They no longer exist as an American political party to me.

They are Fascists and Liars and Hate-Mongers so I refute that party entirely. What a shame. On them.

Hence the need for a community of people who are not as wacky as the most devoted SDS type.  I'm in the middle of the political spectrum.  Its not always a safe place.

"The other two potential running mates are former NBA stars and now successful businessmen: Vinny Johnson of the Detroit Pistons, who started in 1995 and still heads the Piston Group auto supplier, and Willie Burton, who lives in metro Detroit and runs Excel U, an education program alternative to public education."

cmon microwave, really?!?!?

16 hours ago, romad1 said:

Hence the need for a community of people who are not as wacky as the most devoted SDS type.  I'm in the middle of the political spectrum.  Its not always a safe place.

Center Right - Very lonely place right now.

Center Left - Quite a bit easier for me to exist here as being a Centrist Democrat (Independent... but almost always caucus with the Center Dem's...) fits me and the current political arena nicely. So long as Dems are elected (progressives or centrists... I don't care) and Republicans are repudiated, at least until MAGA is forced into an alternative party... works for me.

38 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Maybe even more eye-opening than the Senate poll... the enthusiasm gap in this poll is almost gone

The only question about that poll is which side had more liars. That would be a substantially bigger turnout (~74%) than any in the history of the republic by roughly 7%. Then again, at 67%, 2020 was 5% bigger than the next closest turnout, which was 62.5% in 2008.

Edited by gehringer_2

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The only question about that poll is which side had more liars. That would be a substantially bigger turnout (~74%) than any in the history of the republic by roughly 7%. Then again, at 67%, 2020 was 5% bigger than the next closest turnout, which was 62.5% in 2008.

Obviously.

Having said that, if you are a Dem, it's obviously better for there to be a 1% gap than a 10+% gap (as was seen on the last Marquette poll)

11 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

You're also going by national numbers. Turnout in Wisconsin in 2020 was at nearly 76% so those number aren't that far off. The poll also isn't voter turnout as a whole, but by each group. 80+ percent of Republicans and Democrats can turn out but they aren't 100% of the voters in Wisconsin. With independents at 66%, that could bring the overall turnout down to around 75% which is where it was in 2020 in Wisconsin. 

I know 

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Uhh. Not what I expected here

I don't know that I believe any of the polling and think things will be way tighter than some of these polls are showing. When you look at the issue based polling around what people care about, inflation and gas prices are #1 and #2 on voters minds with abortion usually a distant third. When you look at who voters trust more on gas prices and inflation it's Republicans by a fairly wide margin. Democrats are going to win a few of the senate races, Arizona, Pennsylvania, and maybe Ohio, because of bad candidates on the GOP side. Say what you will about Ron Johnson, but I don't think is qualifies as a bad candidate in comparison to the likes of Masters or Oz.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad