The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

14 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Very skepitcal that Ryan can win, but I think we've seen enough to conclude that Vance is an awful candidate and should be grouped in with the Oz/Walker/Masters crowd.

My optimism on Ohio is that Ryan is running a campaign targeting working-class and rural economic issues, not falling into the defund the police political traps, and has a uniquely bad opponent to run against. As we've seen from prior elections, wedge and cultural issues work. JD Vance being an out of touch, San Francisco elite who carpet bagged his way back to Ohio to run for Senate is indeed a wedge issue, we'll see how effective it is.

If Republicans were to lose all of Arizona, Georgia, New Hampshire, Ohio, and Pennsylvania in one Senate cycle, that would be be a huge political blow for them.

16 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Peter Thiel will buy hookers and blow for every Ohio voter until they change their minds about his candidate. 

[edit: based on observation the approach his firm Palantir uses in the US Government acquisition process.]

Edited by romad1

15 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I loled 

Fetterman should run an ad with the simple message of "Can you tell which photo is the real one?"

Any protestations... "It's just a joke dude..."

And the effectiveness of that joke...? Oz is a laughing stock (if he isn't already) and gets laughed right out of the election by a landslide of votes...

I find it ironic that for all the shit progressives get from people and the mainstream media, Democrats chances to keep or expand the majority in the Senate come from progressive candidates, with one exception. Mandela Barnes in Wisconsin, progressive. Cheri Beasley in North Carolina, progressive. John Fetterman in Pennsylvania, progressive. Raphael Warnock in Georgia, progressive. Only Mark Kelly in Arizona is a true run-of-the-mill moderate Democrat. Maybe you could argue Tim Ryan too, but even Ryan has progressive ideas on trade and healthcare and was an original M4A co-sponsor in the House in 2019. Where are the pro-corporate, anti-choice, anti-gay, lite beer version Republicans to save us when we need them?

17 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I find it ironic that for all the shit progressives get from people and the mainstream media, Democrats chances to keep or expand the majority in the Senate come from progressive candidates, with one exception. Mandela Barnes in Wisconsin, progressive. Cheri Beasley in North Carolina, progressive. John Fetterman in Pennsylvania, progressive. Raphael Warnock in Georgia, progressive. Only Mark Kelly in Arizona is a true run-of-the-mill moderate Democrat. Maybe you could argue Tim Ryan too, but even Ryan has progressive ideas on trade and healthcare and was an original M4A co-sponsor in the House in 2019. Where are the pro-corporate, anti-choice, anti-gay, lite beer version Republicans to save us when we need them?

Those haven't existed for some time. I guess every Democrat is a progressive now but don't tell the squad that. 

6 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Maybe Indiana is like Ontario where it takes about 7 years to fire a cop, and they are suspended on full pay for the entire interval.

and still get their pension.  Then they move a few hundred miles away and get another job on the force.

Bam.  Two pensions.