6/12 1:40 Blue Jays @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

With tork, I’m trying to figure out the balance between lost confidence and letting him fix himself in the majors. 

he is not alone in having a terrible offensive year. But there has to be a point where he needs a break.

Rebuild is over, just need to shore up a couple things next season:  2nd and 3rd base, right and left field, catcher (starter and backup)...and we all know Javy, Tork, and Greene will all be allstar level next season, so 1st, SS, and CF are solid for the future, the rebuild is almost complete.

22 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I just don’t get how this entire team can be this brutal and completely lacking in any power whatsoever. There’s guys with track records. Are we playing with a dead(er) baseball whenever we come to the plate?

they take too many middle middle fastballs (like Cabrera just did). They are all doing it. It's crazy how many cookies this team takes.

When you see a guy do that who got to 500 homers because he *always* jumped 1st pitch FBs, you know something weird is going on.

They keep harping on 'staying in the strike zone' and that may be true for Javy, but the rest of them need to hit a good pitch when they get it.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

they take too many middle middle fastballs (like Cabrera just did). They are all doing it. It's crazy how many cookies this team takes.

When you see a guy do that who got to 500 homers because he *always* jumped 1st pitch FBs, you know something weird is going on.

They keep harping on 'staying in the strike zone' and that may be true for Javy, but the rest of them need to hit a good pitch when they get it.

Tork lets at least one cookie go by him without swinging at it every AB

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

You can make the argument, with some of the series they have played lately, they have seen a lot of quality pitching lately. Even Barrios, who has been bad this year, has a good track record.

But with Chicago and Texas coming to town, if they can't do damage against that level of pitching... (and I have little confidence they will)

Edited by mtutiger

Just now, chasfh said:

There’s the right adjective for it: embarrassing.

The TV broadcast is in a perpetual rebuild itself.

I stopped watching Bally about 3 weeks in...it's frusttating enough listening to this team on the radio, but watching the tv broadcast adds injury to insult.

2 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

I stopped watching Bally about 3 weeks in...it's frusttating enough listening to this team on the radio, but watching the tv broadcast adds injury to insult.

At least we have the best play-by-play guy in the game on the radio.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Dan and Jim's 8th inning discussion was a great example of the difference in quality... they are speaking frankly and directly about where this team is offensively and how guys underachieving has put them out of the picture. The fact that they are talking baseball alone is a plus, but they also aren't doing the rose colored glasses thing.

That's better than watching Kirk and C-Mo eat

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1