6/15 1:10 White Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

1 minute ago, Nerb said:

So, we send Torkelson down now, right? Like, end of the home stand maybe? Far from blaming Tork, and I acknowledge he is the best 1B in the org, but surely somebody else can play there for a few weeks? Harold?

If Tork goes down, H. Castro would be the best bet at 1st. He's our best bat at the moment. But Tork isn't going anywhere.

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

If Tork goes down, H. Castro would be the best bet at 1st. He's our best bat at the moment. But Tork isn't going anywhere.

I feel so bad for Tork. He needs to go now for his own good. This is ridiculous. Not sure why you would even bring Riley into this mess at this moment.

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

they should dock a team a game in the standings for every position player they use to pitch. That's bullcrap baseball.

Three position players pitched to preserve a nine-man bullpen.

Welcome to Baseball 2022.

10 minutes ago, Nerb said:

So, we send Torkelson down now, right? Like, end of the home stand maybe? Far from blaming Tork, and I acknowledge he is the best 1B in the org, but surely somebody else can play there for a few weeks? Harold?

IDK, he can't get the bat on the ball right now. He did pick two good pitches to swing at today, a middle-middle hanging slider and middle-middle FB but rolled over to short on both of them, plus took another called strike on the outside corner where a lot of pitchers have been working him. Take a flyer and call up Carpenter. What the hell could it hurt at this point? When all you have are crappy players you have to stop worrying about saving roster spots for them all.

Edited by gehringer_2

In our latest run of pathetic play we are in the midst of getting outscored 69-22 in our last 12 games. So even though the offense continues to to hit at a sub 2 runs per game pace the pitching staff is starting to show some chinks in their armor as well giving up roughly 6 runs a game.

Can't fault them though, it's gotta be maddening to know that one mistake likely means you aren't going to win the game. Talk about pitching on egg shells every time you go out. 

I could maybe MAYBE be ok with this pathetic play if we had a bunch of promising players down the on the farm tearing it up but that isn't the case either. When you factor in the organization from top to bottom there very well may be none that are in worse shape than ours going forward at this point.  It's a shame that after all these years of rebuilding this may be the low point for me in terms of my faith of getting back to relevance. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

In our latest run of pathetic play we are in the midst of getting outscored 69-22 in our last 12 games. So even though the offense continues to to hit at a sub 2 runs per game pace the pitching staff is starting to show some chinks in their armor as well giving up roughly 6 runs a game.

Can't fault them though, it's gotta be maddening to know that one mistake likely means you aren't going to win the game. Talk about pitching on egg shells every time you go out. 

I could maybe MAYBE be ok with this pathetic play if we had a bunch of promising players down the on the farm tearing it up but that isn't the case either. When you factor in the organization from top to bottom there very well may be none that are in worse shape than ours going forward at this point.  It's a shame that after all these years of rebuilding this may be the low point for me in terms of my faith of getting back to relevance. 

This is what we get for putting all our eggs in the right-handed starters basket

Is Jackson Jobe ready yet?.