6/17 7:10 Rangers @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

3 minutes ago, Nerb said:

Harold's demeanour and effort on defence tonight is bothering me the more I think about it. Something is deeply not right in that clubhouse. The more I think about it the more I don't want to mix Riley Greene up in whatever is going on in there right now.

Never thought I'd say this, but I am now 100% out on Hinch as skipper...this is beyond untennable.  Last night's "zero fucks to give" by AJ while Soto was clearly not functional was the first straw for me, now, by the way it sounda like these guys look today, yep, team has checked out, he lost em, and thus he also has to be done here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nerb said:

Harold's demeanour and effort on defence tonight is bothering me the more I think about it. Something is deeply not right in that clubhouse. The more I think about it the more I don't want to mix Riley Greene up in whatever is going on in there right now.

That has already crossed my mind as well. There is a culture about this team/organization that I really don’t like. The message, at least to this point is, failure is acceptable.

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

When Dombrowski was hired, he fired Randy Smith and Phil Garner after 6 games. He tried to get rid of most of the roster but had the infamous you try and trade him rant.

I dont even know what something like that looks like at the moment, especially a month or so out from the draft (although the draft was earlier in 2002, so the time difference was similar).

Probably wiping out Al and the old hands and letting Garko be interim and audition for the job? Idk

Edited by mtutiger

4 minutes ago, BBFCFM said:

somebody needs to Gibby the lockerroom, flip the postgame table meal/spread - go nuts - show some emotion/passion

Or, orrrrr, now hear me out....ping-pong fucking tournament part TWO!  The winner get's to play slap n tickle with Javy's la magah while enjoying a foot rub from Al, that will surely put this team on track!

Edited by Dtrain72

I used to think this team needed a bench-clearing brawl, or even just some back-and-forth verbal stuff that leads up to that, in order to maybe spark them, but the more I think about it I can't picture any of these guys getting fired up like that. Maybe Tucker lol

Just now, Nerb said:

I used to think this team needed a bench-clearing brawl, or even just some back-and-forth verbal stuff that leads up to that, in order to maybe spark them, but the more I think about it I can't picture any of these guys getting fired up like that. Maybe Tucker lol

Like last night watching Kole Calhoun absolutely melt down in the Rangers dugout after Soto hit him in the 9th. I don't know if we have a guy on our team who could be vocal like that.

1 minute ago, Nerb said:

Like last night watching Kole Calhoun absolutely melt down in the Rangers dugout after Soto hit him in the 9th. I don't know if we have a guy on our team who could be vocal like that.

Will Vest after cleaning up Soto's mess in that Baltimore game is the only thing that registers, but I dont think that can come from the bullpen.

2 minutes ago, Nerb said:

Def wouldnt be AJ, he's full comatose at this point...I'm surprised he even has the desire and drive to lace up his cleats and make it to the games.

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

Will Vest after cleaning up Soto's mess in that Baltimore game is the only thing that registers, but I dont think that can come from the bullpen.

Coincidentally maybe my favorite moment on the year haha. I must have watched that clip 30 times the next day. Sigh.

When the pitching was going good prior to the last couple weeks I thought may be our offensive struggles could be blamed on us just coincidentally getting really dead balls cause the opposing team wasn't exactly hitting a bunch of HRs off of us either. But I can't use that excuse anymore cause opposing teams have been putting them in the seats at a pretty good regularity the past 2 weeks meanwhile we are still struggling.