6/17 7:10 Rangers @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

13 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I am not watching tonight, I refuse to put myself through that. 

Me neither. We set the DVR as we made a late dinner, but after checking here and the cartoon that will be another recording that goes direct to the bit bucket. Feel bad for Skubal, but unless your are Steve Carlton, pitching with no run support is likely to eventually fry your psyche.

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What little trade value we have, I don't want Al Avila doing the trades

But who would replace him?  David Chadd?   He could be worse than Al. 

You could make Brad Holmes or Steve Yzerman the GM of the Tigers and they couldn't be worse. 

Make Ryan Garko interim GM maybe? At least he's only been with the org for less than a year.

Probably not qualified or knowledgeable enough to know, I just think it should happen sooner or later. Though no confidence it will

Edited by mtutiger

I have a sinking feeling that the only way this team turns around is once they  are completely written off and every shred of anything salvageable for the season is gone, they will start to play better because the stakes will have gone to zero.

If I'm Joe Madden I'm sitting home watching the Tigers thinking I was working for the wrong ownership.

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I have a sinking feeling that the only way this team turns around is once they  are completely written off and every shred of anything salvageable for the season is gone, they will start to play better because the stakes will have gone to zero.

If I'm Joe Madden I'm sitting home watching the Tigers thinking I was working for the wrong ownership.

Thats called Ryan Raburning 

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think the stakes are already pretty close to zero.  This is a concept about which I'm skeptical though.  I would think it would be harder to get up for games if nothing is at stake.  I suppose it varies from player to player.  

10 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think we are at that point. They can start anytime lol