6/19 1:40 Rangers @ Tigers

Motor City Sonics

Nice win... they really seem in a better place now.

I like that the Rangers TV postgame crew is completely at a loss for words as to how they didnt sweep. They literally assumed they would sweep after the first two games, I can't blame them, but it's still sweet nonetheless 

Edited by mtutiger

Yeah it's only 2 games and it was against a couple mediocre pitchers albeit one in Dunning that has had success against them in the past but still nonetheless it has been nice seeing them actually hit the ball hard and score runs. 

I still think they dug themselves too big of hole to come back and play any sorta meaningful baseball this year but if they can have more games like the last two the rest of the way atleast they will be more exciting to watch and give us a little more hope for the future. 

33 minutes ago, HeyAbbott said:

The Bally broadcasts you  are describing remind me of broadcasts in days past when Phil Rizzouto used to do broadcasts in the late 70's. He'd talk about the weather, the meal he had at some chop house the night before, some nightclub's floorshow, etc. 

I remember Rizzuto from the 80s.  He was actually funny and he always had a smart straight man partner like Bill White or Tom Seaver, so it never bothered me.  If you're going to be a goof, you have to know how to do it.  

21 minutes ago, clark1mt said:

Probably Lange, but hard to say he was "effective" when he gave up a walk and a hit in 1/3 of an inning. If it's not Lange, it will either be Peralta or Chafin.

Box says the scorer gave it to Lange. More brainless robo-scoring. Should have gone to Peralta if any thought had gone into it.  But by giving it to Lange every body gets their participation trophy.

Edited by gehringer_2

It was always a little joke with me and my friends during the Lewin and Gibby days about how they would routinely just go off topic and talk about the most random things while the game was going on. I was in HS at the time so during our baseball games when we'd be sitting in the dugout we would often mock them by calling the game we were playing like they did. 

We'd be talking about the game score or something that was going on at the plate then immediately say something like "so any idea who you plan on taking to Prom this year(then proceed to talk about girls before returning to game action). lol looking back it was a little childish but a HS kid it kept us entertained in the dugout and we thought it was the funniest thing ever. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yeah hard to imagine another team picking up Hutch and even if they do its not like it will be a major loss. 

2nd time for him this season.  I believe he could elect to be a free agent.  He didn’t last time.

What is the rotation now? Skubal, Faedo, Brieske, Alexander and Garcia?

It's also the start of an eight-game road trip, from Monday-June 29, with off days Thursday, June 27 and June 30. Those dates without games will allow the Tigers to switch to a four-man rotation until the beginning of July.

4 man rotation with all of the off days.