6/22 7:10pm Tigers @ Red Sox

Motor City Sonics

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not that you should be playing for just 1 run with guys on 1 and 3 and no outs but of course we K for the 1st 2 outs but proceed to hit a long flyball for the 3rd out. If it was in any different order we would've gotten atleast 1 run there. 

still too many bad hitters. Almost more frustrating now - Baez, Greene and Cabrera can get on base but three hitters is too short a line up to drive anyone in.

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not that you should be playing for just 1 run with guys on 1 and 3 and no outs but of course we K for the 1st 2 outs but proceed to hit a long flyball for the 3rd out. If it was in any different order we would've gotten atleast 1 run there. 

They could just, ya know, move Tork up.

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

There's something to this... the spotlight in Detroit is much more Javy centered than he had in Chicago. Just star studded lineups surrounding him

Ideally, that changes if/when Riley and Spencer get more experience 

That said, Javy was still the brightest star in that Cubs constellation.

Just now, chasfh said:

You were warned.

I remember seeing the excitement after we traded for him(maybe not so much on here but from the slappy writers) so I took a gander at his numbers and I was wondering what I was missing to warrant that excitement. Apparently I didn't miss anything. 

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Baddoo and Kreidler each with a double for 4. Perez 2/5 - hitting over 360 since his promotion to AA. I'm told he can play 2B.

I wonder what Wenceel projects to at this point.... Fangraphs in their last ranking said utility player, but that was predicated some on a lack of power. Which isn't necessarily the case anymore 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I remember seeing the excitement after we traded for him(maybe not so much on here but from the slappy writers) so I took a gander at his numbers and I was wondering what I was missing to warrant that excitement. Apparently I didn't miss anything. 

People like the game calling and defense. Which has been pretty good after a rough first month.

But there's a point where the lack of offense overtakes whatever you get in the field, and Barnhart has blown past that at this point.

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I saw plenty of him at Wrigley Field.

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

You were warned.

I still can't believe there were rumors of extension before the season.

I didn't mind the acquisition and it's not like Quintana is doing much, but extending a guy with his declining profile as a hitter would be insane 

Just now, mtutiger said:

I still can't believe there were rumors of extension before the season.

I didn't mind the acquisition and it's not like Quintana is doing much, but extending a guy with his declining profile as a hitter would be insane 

I believe the first two words I posted here about Tucker Barnhart was “hard pass”.

And my first post after we signed him was, well, he’s ours now, so I’m rooting for him.

Sucks to be disappointed on both ends like that.