6/22 7:10pm Tigers @ Red Sox

Motor City Sonics

7 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Manny Ramirez said something yesterday about how playing for teams like the Yankees and Red Sox help some players cause of the pressure that comes with it. I wonder if that could be part of Baez problem? He played his whole career with the Cubs who are a similar type team and then a half season with the Mets who likewise are like that. Perhaps the passive nature of the Tigers crowd and the low pressure actually does him a disservice and now that he is hitting infront of a packed Fenway crowd that routinely heckle players made him focus more or did something to help step his game up?

There's something to this... the spotlight in Detroit is much more Javy centered than he had in Chicago. Just star studded lineups surrounding him

Ideally, that changes if/when Riley and Spencer get more experience 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Skubal laboring through another rough outing. If he keeps this up he probably won't be our All Star rep after all instead it will be one of our relievers or perhaps even Miggy. 

we get one?  I would have thought the Yankees should have all of them: forever. 

29 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Skubal laboring through another rough outing. If he keeps this up he probably won't be our All Star rep after all instead it will be one of our relievers or perhaps even Miggy. 

Regardless of tonight, I think it's a safe bet to say already that Miggy is our All Star rep.

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't know if he just couldn't find it at all or the way the Ump squeezed him in the 3rd just killed his confidence for the night. 

Hard to say, I missed the last inning but it just looked similar to his last start against Texas where he missed glove side a bit.

I have confidence that he can course correct. He wasn't likely to maintain a 2.1 ERA the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

There is no reason to have him throwing as many pitches as he has recently.