6/22 7:10pm Tigers @ Red Sox

Motor City Sonics

7 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The Athletic hit on Al Avila being written by Ken Rosenthal was 1000% done so that junior guy Cody Stavenhagen didn't lose his access.  

That's the way it works. It's why the national guys get all the scoops....agents use them because they are so visible.

14 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The Athletic hit on Al Avila being written by Ken Rosenthal was 1000% done so that junior guy Cody Stavenhagen didn't lose his access.  

I found the fact that there were direct quotes from Al himself interesting - he must have talked with Rosenthal himself (and felt the need to)

Edited by mtutiger

6 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Hinchie wasted no time moving Greene up in the lineup. I wonder if he told Tork that if he wants to hit next to his buddy in lineup he needs to get off his ass and start doing some damage? 

I think/hope that is probably where he belongs but I think I still would have waited until he had 50 AB.

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think/hope that is probably where he belongs but I think I still would have waited until he had 50 AB.

No I'm glad AJ is pushing him up there.

I'd rather he get acclimated to where he should be in the lineup - and I think AJ should be doing the same thing with Tork like, right now - and go through his ups and downs. 

Especially this year. 

Here's your spot... figure it out.

• Like 2

Manny Ramirez said something yesterday about how playing for teams like the Yankees and Red Sox help some players cause of the pressure that comes with it. I wonder if that could be part of Baez problem? He played his whole career with the Cubs who are a similar type team and then a half season with the Mets who likewise are like that. Perhaps the passive nature of the Tigers crowd and the low pressure actually does him a disservice and now that he is hitting infront of a packed Fenway crowd that routinely heckle players made him focus more or did something to help step his game up?