9/25 @ 6:10 Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals

Tigeraholic1

• IdahoBert changed the title to 9/25 @ 6:10 Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals
10 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Mine is hooked to the wheel of my Huffy bike.

I have bad memories of having wasted cards in that manner but actually they were never cards that were any good. If you had a really really really strong balloon and it would hit your spokes it would make a real loud noise just like a muffler before it popped. 

14 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Mine is hooked to the wheel of my Huffy bike.

I don't ever recall anyone that I saw putting baseball cards in the spokes of their bike.  I could jam a tennis ball in there and find a building & parking lot to throw the ball up against and get some fielding/throwing practice.  And I remember some colored plastic click clacky things that younger kids might have on the spokes.  But that's it.

15 minutes ago, Archie said:

We didn't use baseball cards thankfully.  We used playing cards.  If we used baseball cards they would have been 1950's Topps and I would still be crying over that.

I remember having seen people use baseball cards but playing cards were stiffer and made a louder noise but if you used your parents playing cards you got in more trouble than if you used your own more inferior baseball cards. So it was a practical dilemma. Do you alienate your parents or do you ruin those stupid rookie cards you had no idea you could retire on later in life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Field will be soggy.

The football field for the school district that my wife teaches at was under water yesterday.  A creek alongside the visiting bleachers ran over its banks and just completely inundated the field.  I kidded some people that they cancelled football (they just moved it to other school) and were holding a regatta in its place.

The football field for the school district that we live in had bench areas under water.  The field is kind of within a bowl of hills along the end zones and one sideline and trapped the rainfall.  Enough water to where they cancelled a multi school band event tonight a full 36 hours ahead of time.

Tarps would have been completely useless on either natural turf field.

Crazy year of weather around here.  Probably above average rainfall through end of June / beginning of July, then absolute nothingness, and then 4" inches in a few days.

Edited by casimir

9 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Comerica Park Detroit, MI

Forecast

LHP Tarik Skubal Vs RHP Jon Heasley

DZ849KIX0AAzGTd.jpg

I miss the look of the old scoreboard, I mean I love the new huge screen but I loved the old clock and the font and placement of "TIGERS" at the top, it gave off a real retro feel. I will never not be annoyed though by the Upper Deck bleachers covering damn near a 1/3 of the screen though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, casimir said:

The football field for the school district that my wife teaches at was under water yesterday.  A creek alongside the visiting bleachers ran over its banks and just completely inundated the field.  I kidded some people that they cancelled football (they just moved it to other school) and were holding a regatta in its place.

The football field for the school district that we live in had bench areas under water.  The field is kind of within a bowl of hills along the end zones and one sideline and trapped the rainfall.  Enough water to where they cancelled a multi school band event tonight a full 36 hours ahead of time.

Tarps would have been completely useless on either natural turf field.

Crazy year of weather around here.  Probably above average rainfall through end of June / beginning of July, then absolute nothingness, and then 4" inches in a few days.

When I was a kid and we played neighborhood football, and it was tackle, muddy fields were so much fun.