07/25/2022 7:10 EDT San Diego Padres at Detroit Tigers

casimir

Valenti just pointed out that the Tigers have not had a 30HR hitter since Miggy 6 seasons ago. In that time frame there have been 160 cases of a player hitting 30+ HRs and not a single one was a Tiger. Considering we're not going to get one this year that number will only get bigger by the time we finally do it.  That stat alone should tell you why we've been so terrible particularly offensively. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Something tells me tonight will be the end of this record 

Crazy that they haven't played here since 2005, I know we played out in Petco in 2014 cause I went to one of the games while I was visiting my brother out there but aside from that I can't remember if we faced them another time. If that was the only series it seems pretty random that we only faced them one series in 17 years. 

I totally forgot about him until a highlight of him just popped up on my twitter but remember Trayce Thompson, who we traded a couple months ago for cash? Well in 25 games with the Dodgers since the trade he has an OPS of .853 and OPS+ of 135. Granted his peripherals aren't great and he will likely regress, also we don't know if he would've hit the same here(likely not) but if he did it would've been nice to get that type of production the last month instead of the crap we've been getting. 

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Crazy that they haven't played here since 2005, I know we played out in Petco in 2014 cause I went to one of the games while I was visiting my brother out there but aside from that I can't remember if we faced them another time. If that was the only series it seems pretty random that we only faced them one series in 17 years. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/head2head-games.cgi?team1=DET&team2=SDP&from=1876&to=2022

The Tigers and the Padres have played 5 regular season series. 1 in Detroit (2005), and 4 in San Diego (2003, 2008, 2014, and 2017).