07/27/2022 1:10 EDT San Diego Padres at Detroit Tigers

casimir

2 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Any other GM but AA? Some kind of upper tier pipeline talent. With AA? Bag of balls and double bubble.

Such hysterics,

You know that Al traded Alex Avila & Justin Wilson for Jeimer Candelario & Isaac Paredes? Right?

Or did you forget that part?

And name the GM that can spin Jeimer into gold as you seem to think. Because I'm calling pure horseshit with that little gem.

24 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

If we can trade Candy for anything then do it. That’s 10 million to spend next year. That the return if they actually reinvest it. 

I disagree, if we could get a quality prospect(s) then sure but if its just going to be a Travis Demeritte type or whatever like I suspect than I much prefer to keep him. Yeah we would save 10 million without him but we don't have any real in house replacements him anyway so it would just create another hole you have to spend money on.  Perhaps I'm underestimating the market for him and we could indeed get back something of quality but my gut tells me that isn't the case.

3 hours ago, Dtrain72 said:

Sooo this team next year is:

OF: Greene, ?, ?

SS:  Jarvy

1st:  maybe Tork or ?

2nd: ?

3rd: ?

Catcher: ?, and backup ?

Starting pitch rotation: Skubal (if not traded), ?, ?, ?, and ?

Rebuilding the rebuilding rebuild takes some rebuilding, amiright AL?

Oh yeah, edited for Miggy at DH with literally zero power, my bad.

Sad but true:

OF: Greene, Baddoo, Meadows

SS: Baerz

1B: Tork

2B: Schoop finale

3B: Candy finale

Catchers: Rogers and Haase

Starters: ERod, Skubal, Turnbull, whoever is healthy 

I guess the good news is we could get whatever the best bat is available because none of these guys are written in stone at those positions.

Edited by Tigermojo

What? Me worry?

Right-hander Michael Fulmer, who picked up the win for Detroit and has also had his name circulating in trade rumors, said that he took a moment to soak it all in after getting the final out in the top of the ninth.

"You never know, with everything going on," Fulmer said. "But if that was the last appearance at home, then I'm very appreciative, and if it's not, then I'll see everybody next week."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2022/07/27/victor-reyes-detroit-tigers-san-diego-padres-victory/10162621002/

8 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I disagree, if we could get a quality prospect(s) then sure but if its just going to be a Travis Demeritte type or whatever like I suspect than I much prefer to keep him. Yeah we would save 10 million without him but we don't have any real in house replacements him anyway so it would just create another hole you have to spend money on.  Perhaps I'm underestimating the market for him and we could indeed get back something of quality but my gut tells me that isn't the case.

Your point is well taken and a very good one that will probably win the day but I do not trust him not repeating this years performance and I sure as heck do not want to invest in him as a free agent at those price points so I cut bait sooner than later. 
Too bad we don’t have Paredes to fill the space at a very low cost. 

14 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Such hysterics,

You know that Al traded Alex Avila & Justin Wilson for Jeimer Candelario & Isaac Paredes? Right?

Or did you forget that part?

And name the GM that can spin Jeimer into gold as you seem to think. Because I'm calling pure horseshit with that little gem.

I remember we got a hobbled Ewok for Paredes.

13 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Well put.

Seems to often, goes back to, besides obvious first round picks (Greene and hopefully Tork) this org is simply 'not' developing position players. Why? is this just AA fault? Cannot be. Many teams develop players from 2nd, 5th, 10th+ rounds here and there...

13 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

Sad but true:

OF: Greene, Baddoo, Meadows

SS: Baerz

1B: Tork

2B: Schoop finale

3B: Candy finale

Catchers: Rogers and Haase

Starters: ERod, Skubal, Turnbull, whoever is healthy 

I guess the good news is we could get whatever the best bat is available because none of these guys are written in stone at those positions.

Even looking at this - where is this organizations drafting and development fruits?

IMHO, if they have to add 'prospects' with any RP(s) from the farm (Workman, Kieth, Olson, Dingler, etc.) then perhaps do so to get a 'better' prospect from another organization in any deal.

Would we see the aforementioned names anyways 'develop' with this teams track record?. Simply an observation.

46 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I remember we got a hobbled Ewok for Paredes.

You mean hitting .194 for July Paredes? Also no one could know that all this would happen to Meadows this year and if he comes back next year and hits 25 HR and a solid BA it'll be interesting to hear all the back peddling people will do. He could also never regain his former performance but I am willing to take the more optimistic look and see this as the outlier.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Honestly I feel like that is what he was alluding to. He clearly does not seem happy with the trade speculation so maybe he was using that as a way to voice his frustration as well. 

My post wasn't necessarily a joke.... his comments, particularly mentioning the fans, suggest to me that he's pretty pissed off and doesn't want to be traded. Which puts him at odds with the front office who, at a minimum, hasn't ruled it out.

Goes back to what 1776 said yesterday... the fact that we are even talking about needing to trade Skubal because of lack of depth in other areas is a global failure for the General Manager.

Edited by mtutiger

Since June 20, Candelario is slashing .289/.366/.506 for a wRC+ of 149, so if the Tigers think Candy is toast here, they couldn’t have wished for a better time to sell him.

If any position player were to move, he might be the one, although Eric Haase, who’s also killing it lately, might make for a good backup catcher and DH for a bubble team, too.