Biden's presidency

ewsieg

30 minutes ago, Triggerwarning said:

Well hells bells. I guess a Kroger free Turkey must mean supply chain issues, run away inflation , increased gas prices , etc don’t matter.

Just give the plebs their freaking free Kroger Turkey and tell them to shut up and stuff their pie hole.

free is actually the opposite of inflated though 

52 minutes ago, Triggerwarning said:

Those are Larry Summers words not mine. But nice baiting. 

No baiting, I simply pointed out that Larry Summers is stating that Reagan is the worst president in the last 40 years.  Lots of people have that opinion, including people that you really believe should be respected (Summers).

https://www.rt.com/usa/541019-white-house-lockdown-plans/

Jen Psaki, who has repeatedly stressed that no more lockdowns are in store, telling reporters as early as August that “We are not going back.” 

Despite those assurances, however, lockdown orders in the US have been the exclusive domain of state and local authorities, rather than the White House, leaving it unclear whether Zients and Psaki are referring to an – as yet unprecedented – federal shutdown measure. Though some localities have begun to lift their pandemic restrictions, many states and cities across the US continue to impose mask requirements, vaccine passes and occupancy limits, among other containment policies.

Biden is releasing 50 million barrels of oil from the strategic oil reserve. The SOR has been used three times in the past. Once during a hurricane and twice during a conflict in middle east.  Now its being used to lower prices. I didn't think the POTUS had control over gas prices??? 

22 minutes ago, Archie said:

Biden is releasing 50 million barrels of oil from the strategic oil reserve. The SOR has been used three times in the past. Once during a hurricane and twice during a conflict in middle east.  Now its being used to lower prices. I didn't think the POTUS had control over gas prices??? 

this is about 2 1/2 days of US supply, so its more for show than because it will actually affect any underlying supply condition. Not that 'for show' can't still affect that market. Small potatoes either way but I'd still call it a poor precedent. The Fed's probably can, and have, been more help with the port backups.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

this is about 2 1/2 days of US supply, so its more for show than because it will actually affect any underlying supply condition. Not that 'for show' can't still affect that market. Small potatoes either way but I'd still call it a poor precedent. The Fed's probably can, and have, been more help with the port backups.

What I thought was interesting about the move is that it comes on the heels of market prices for oil having a pretty significant drop over the course of the past week.

It's politically calculated doing this right now, but I believe they are timing it knowing that prices are going to taper off some.

Edited by mtutiger

can't wait to hear those complaining about rising prices now complain about dropping prices.

Gas prices is one of the most overrated things we talk about.  There's a station not far from me that undersells his gas and people will idle for 15 minutes waiting to save $2 on a $60 tank fillup.  

I never pay attention to the price.  It is what it is.  I think it's silly to drive around looking for lower prices.  It's the Black Friday syndrome.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, oblong said:

can't wait to hear those complaining about rising prices now complain about dropping prices.

Gas prices is one of the most overrated things we talk about.  There's a station not far from me that undersells his gas and people will idle for 15 minutes waiting to save $2 on a $60 tank fillup.  

I never pay attention to the price.  It is what it is.  I think it's silly to drive around looking for lower prices.  It's the Black Friday syndrome.

You should explain that to my dad. He will drive across town for gas a cent cheaper.  He doesn't realized he burned two gallons of gas to save twenty cents.

Looks like some great news this week.  Joe Biden says he will be running again in 2024.  At least its great news for the Republicans.  Now what are the odds Joe even remembers he's running in 2024?  I say slim to none.  The democrat party has to want someone else in there.  So far his term has been disasterous.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

If we're making a major push towards EV's, the SOR should be drawn down on a gradual basis.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

So far his term has been disasterous.

If you are looking for it to be a disaster, then you can make it one.  You can do that with any president.  I don't think he's a great leader, but I feel a lot more comfortable with him in charge than his predecessor.  And the same guy he beat in 2020 is the leading Republican candidate for 2024 by a wide margin.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Looks like some great news this week.  Joe Biden says he will be running again in 2024.  At least its great news for the Republicans.  Now what are the odds Joe even remembers he's running in 2024?  I say slim to none.  The democrat party has to want someone else in there.  So far his term has been disasterous.

What would you expect any politician to say two plus years out? Tipping his hand now leaves him in Lame Duck status.

As opposed to Lame Loser status of his opponent. 

3 hours ago, Archie said:

nice portfolio bro