2022 MLB Postseason Thread

chasfh

42 minutes ago, casimir said:

Want to feel old?  The 3 year old bat boy is now a 23 year old minor league baseball player.

Speaking of former player or manager's kids I often wondered what happened to Victor Jr. He has to be close to the age where he would be on team's radar you think unless he just didn't turn into the prodigy that he looked like as a little kid. 

edit: decided to google him again and came across this profile. I remember googling him a couple years ago and I couldn't find anything. https://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=525152  Looks like he has his Dad's wheels for sure. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

1 hour ago, casimir said:

Houston removes Yuli Gurriel from the roster due to strained MCL.

Yeah, the rundown looked pretty ugly. I thought he'd get a concussion from the knee to the head.

I don't know which grade his sprain is, but I got a grade 2 MCL sprain sliding into home plate in June. Haven't been back on the field since because it's been slow going coming back. I have a couple decades on Yuli so no wonder it's such a a slow go for me, but Yuli ain't no spring chicken neither, so ... hope he's all right for spring.

Seeing Framber Alvarez dominate this game and this season along with Christian Javier and of course Yordan Alvarez makes you shake your head at the Verlander trade even more. All 3 of those guys were in the Astros system at the time of the trade all 3 certainly could've been had if we asked as they were ranked below Perez and in some outlets Cameron as well yet we ended up with what we did.  

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Seeing Framber Alvarez dominate this game and this season along with Christian Javier and of course Yordan Alvarez makes you shake your head at the Verlander trade even more. All 3 of those guys were in the Astros system at the time of the trade all 3 certainly could've been had if we asked as they were ranked below Perez and in some outlets Cameron as well yet we ended up with what we did.  

I bet they are all thanking their lucky stars they weren’t part of the trade. Who knows how they would have developed in the Tigers system. 

• Like 1