9/30 @ 7:40 Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins

Tigeraholic1

In the “there’s some good news in the world but I don’t know where to put it” department,  Britney Spears is now free. I’ve always held her in high regard. She’s a good person thrown into the spotlight of fame who hasn’t always been able to keep her head above water. She’s a hotter version of Judy Garland.

19 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

‘87 brings back painful memories. I still have my satin Tigers warm-up jacket that I bought that year. But even though I’ve never washed it it’s somehow shrunk and very tight fitting now. Very poor construction.

I remember the thrill of the pennant race more than the pain of the playoffs.  There won't ever be another pennant race like that again.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

‘87 brings back painful memories. I still have my satin Tigers warm-up jacket that I bought that year. But even though I’ve never washed it it’s somehow shrunk and very tight fitting now. Very poor construction.

I found my satin Tigers warm-up jacket from 1984 in my mother's basement this summer and was thinking of bringing it back with me. Not sure it suits the Vancouver climate.

4 hours ago, romad1 said:

the Red Sox fans on Morning Joe keep telling me that this is the most amazing race ever.   smdh

It's about as good as you'll get in the wildcard era, but fighting for a wildcard game is not the same as battling for a division title, not to mention 7 consecutive one-run games between the top two teams.  Next year when there are 14 teams, we'll get to watch a race between .500 teams battling for the 14th spot.  

6 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I remember the thrill of the pennant race more than the pain of the playoffs.  There won't ever be another pennant race like that again.  

I just remember hating the advantage that playing in the Metrodome appeared to have for the Twins. It was galling. That’s a part of baseball, but given that my attachment to the team is almost completely emotional I have a hard time rising above that to appreciate other things that I can be appreciated as good. 

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

It's about as good as you'll get in the wildcard era, but fighting for a wildcard game is not the same as battling for a division title, not to mention 7 consecutive one-run games between the top two teams.  Next year when there are 14 teams, we'll get to watch a race between .500 teams battling for the 14th spot.  

I want to like the first sentence of your paragraph, and hate the last sentence of your paragraph.  Which emoji thing do I use?

45 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I just remember hating the advantage that playing in the Metrodome appeared to have for the Twins. It was galling. That’s a part of baseball, but given that my attachment to the team is almost completely emotional I have a hard time rising above that to appreciate other things that I can be appreciated as good. 

It’s rational to be emotional.

Tigers are up against a rookie they’ve never seen before. Usually this is a recipe for disaster. In four games the guy is even pretty good. The Tigers are also doing poorly against teams in their own division. So I’m going to wager that the Tigers can’t suck forever (a rational mathematical assertion) and they will rebound against this guy and hit him hard (an emotional assertion).