Week Seven: Detroit Lions (1-4) @ Dallas Cowboys (4-2)

MichiganCardinal

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

What difference will that make? We have had top eight draft picks each of the last four years, and this team, right here, is the team we’ve ended up with. What makes you think it will be any different next year, the year after that, and beyond? Especially since Campbell is practically guaranteed to be here at least halfway into the 2025 season.

I don’t think it will be different. Always new optimism with a fresh start though. 

2 minutes ago, KL2 said:

Buffalo at Detroit.

Will be like they Peyton Manning game

Did Tony Romo just say that the Lions, after having gotten some of their injured players back, will be “formidable” on TG?

That’s some desperate promotion for the short-straw broadcast, there.

Edited by chasfh

positives: hutchinson looked much better this week.  he beat people one on one and not because they schemed pressure.  okudah made some nice tackles at the line.  glenn schemed them pretty well for most of the game.  

negatives:

refs did their usual thing of giving dallas extra plays and hurting the other team.  that's to be expected in dallas.

goff is terrible again.

everyone is hurt again.

the lions need someone to shadow swift and make sure he doesnt go to the beach this week, lest he get some more sand in his vagina.

williams' fumble is the most same ol lions thing ever.

i still like dan campbell, but he's in "lose the team" territory now.  second year in a row they're the worst team in the league.  guys may start quitting soon.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

What difference will that make? We have had top eight draft picks each of the last four years, and this team, right here, is the team we’ve ended up with. What makes you think it will be any different next year, the year after that, and beyond? Especially since Campbell is practically guaranteed to be here at least halfway into the 2025 season.

Yeah if high draft picks were the answer we would be one of the best teams in the league.

....but I know that some will say that now we have the genius Holmes, he'll get it right!

....I will believe it when I see it.  Prove something to me, Holmes.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

because they'll have a new qb and - big if - they'll be healthy.

they were competitive when they were healthy.  

Just now, sabretooth said:

You're right.

I'm right.   It's rare that it happens, but this team is predictable.    Just like predicting they'd shit the bed vs. Seattle when everyone was already counting it as a win.  

"We just need to clean it up".....................Turn that into a drinking game and flood the ER with Alcohol Poisoning victims. 

• Haha 1

Just now, buddha said:

because they'll have a new qb and - big if - they'll be healthy.

they were competitive when they were healthy.  

2nd year of a rebuild and they simply don't have the depth. When they are healthy, they can compete with anyone.

Goff will be the starter next year baring something unforeseen. I think they will take a QB if one is available but I don't expect them to make a trade for one.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

2nd year of a rebuild and they simply don't have the depth. When they are healthy, they can compete with anyone.

Goff will be the starter next year baring something unforeseen. I think they will take a QB if one is available but I don't expect them to make a trade for one.

i dont think theyre world beaters when theyre healthy, but they were competitive.  they hung right with the eagles, they were better than the vikings on the road, and they beat washington (who is currently beating green bay).

1 minute ago, buddha said:

positives: hutchinson looked much better this week.  he beat people one on one and not because they schemed pressure.  okudah made some nice tackles at the line.  glenn schemed them pretty well for most of the game.  

negatives:

refs did their usual thing of giving dallas extra plays and hurting the other team.  that's to be expected in dallas.

goff is terrible again.

everyone is hurt again.

the lions need someone to shadow swift and make sure he doesnt go to the beach this week, lest he get some more sand in his vagina.

williams' fumble is the most same ol lions thing ever.

i still like dan campbell, but he's in "lose the team" territory now.  second year in a row they're the worst team in the league.  guys may start quitting soon.

I agree 100%  They keep doing things that I really really like, but then it all falls apart and they play like total jokes when it matters most.

The running game ++

The defense - vastly improved, Hutch with some impact, Okudah lookint pretty good for weeks on end.  Wished for more out of Cominsky.

The OL - 4 sacks isnt good but still overperforming given injuries against a great D

Good playcalling and no conspicuous coaching errors

....but...the TOs...and the last two Dallas drives....we just cannot compete when it matters.

Today it was all about the players lack of required skills.

Despite the repeated embarrassments, I dont see them ditching Campbell, so I guess he has through the end of next year at least to try and figure things out, and hopefully Holmes will get the personnel on the field needed to win.